I found this on a remote beach in the Caribean

Dec 18, 2012
I found this on a remote beach in the Caribean with a metal detector. My first time. It's about 5ft length, 1.5 width, 1.5 deep. Couldn't get it out due to time constraints but I will be going back with proper digging and wench equipment. Its made of iron or steel. looks quite old. Does anyone know what this might be? To me, it looks like a treasure chest. Maybe wishful thinking.

Attachments

• image-2247980723.jpg
    image-2247980723.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,338
  • image-977795793.jpg
    image-977795793.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,289
Upvote 0

Daugela

Jul 8, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
White MTX, VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever you get the chance is fine "d" :icon_thumright:

Don't let anyone give you crap, If they do,
I have ways to make them a part of past History :laughing7:

In my best "Ron" the Anchorman voice:

"San Diego, just cool down.....cool down everyone...."

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who knows maybe what is beach today used to be ocean. Due to beach erosion I am surprised its still there. Did you search the rest of the beach for anything else.

[email protected]

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
Who knows maybe what is beach today used to be ocean. Due to beach erosion I am surprised its still there. Did you search the rest of the beach for anything else.

It was my first time with a metal detector. I bought the metal detector for 120.00 bucks a Sports Authority. I found a bunch of can caps the first 45 min. Lol. But once we found that and started digging with our hands, that was it. The sand is a mixture of sand and rock so it was quite a chore and I seriously wore down finger prints. Ha. I did it for fun and was hoping to find coins or jewelry or something like that. Did not expect to try to dog up a big metal thing so I was ill prepared and it was my last day. It'll be there I'm sure. It's need there a long time.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was my first time with a metal detector. I bought the metal detector for 120.00 bucks a Sports Authority. I found a bunch of can caps the first 45 min. Lol. But once we found that and started digging with our hands, that was it. The sand is a mixture of sand and rock so it was quite a chore and I seriously wore down finger prints. Ha. I did it for fun and was hoping to find coins or jewelry or something like that. Did not expect to try to dog up a big metal thing so I was ill prepared and it was my last day. It'll be there I'm sure. It's need there a long time.
For some reason I thought you were the OP when I saw that email name as the last person that replied to this thread today under my subscribed threads. I'm glad you updated us and I understand that it may be a while before you go back. But when you do, we'll want that update! LOL Until then I bid you farewell.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dmoran. I never gave up on ya. I figured something came up. I'm the optimist. That's why I detect and dig/pan for gold. You just never know what you'll get. Sorry about your issues. In the meantime go detect some rings, coins and other things of value as the vacation/work trip we all hope you take soon.
So here's hoping on a quick return with you and some pirates booty you've returned with. If that's the case, don't tell the authorities about it. I'm sure they'd claim it all. If it was in international waters is one thing. I'm not sure on how much they'd take. Maybe one thing you could do is check on the laws regarding treasure in the islands. I'd hate to see ya go through all that expense and walk away with only a memory of it. Exciting none the less. But we all would like to see ya bring back some gold. Minus our support fee.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back and I hope you are able to get back there soon! Never know who else may stumble across it! I know you re-burried it but the beach/ocean has a way of covering and un-covering her secrets!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread