I got $5,000 in halves first ever.

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gentlemen, I made a tread a few days ago on this being my new hobby and asked a few simple questions, after reading old treads I gave 50 Cent pieces a try I ordered $5000 worth between two banks and they seemed to have no problem, my wife has an account at a bank that uses brinks so I will return them there have been using my account at chase to purchase the coins which uses another company I looked through all 10 boxes (they come in boxes) and found 6 90% I noticed that if I am carefull I can re use the rolls and box the coins come in so I have been repacking them me bringing them to a different bank.

This is a great way to make some money and is a great site I am going to do $10,000 next week.

Upvote 0

mtk76

Jan 9, 2013
3rd District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its funny I asked for a box of pennies and nickels and got treated pretty shabbily (probably unacceptably so since I was polite and I have a decent amount of cash there) just for that can't imagine that volume.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I started out at that volume the first week and by the second week I had more than doubled it. I believe that there are various factors involved, included area, personality, what you say, etc. etc. Not everyone that tries to to high volume from the start will be able to, others will start out strong then burn out quickly, others will make mistakes and burn bridges, and so-on. I have always been cautious and the type to start out slow, so that's why I read on this forum for a couple of months before starting.

With a solid plan and knowing your area where you will order and drop-off coin you can do well from the start. I'm not even 2 months into ordering halves boxes and one bank volunteered to order 12 boxes a week every week when I only upped from 8 to 10. I do 25 to 35 boxes a week, and if I had more free time and dump banks I could double that or more.

Atlas

Jan 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to tread lightly with the banks that will order me boxes of halves. My local branch is doing it so far but I only order a box every 2-3 months or so. Last time the vault manager asked what I was doing and was I going to bring them back and I said no and don't cause I have other ways to get rid of the halves. They work great for tips.

Same bank different branch flat out refused to order me halves. I'd say do what works for you in your area.

On re-rolling I got two boxes once opened them up and they were re-rolled and taped Arrrrhhh. I looked any way and actually found a proof coin. I keep an eye out for proofs and have found them from time to time. Last box included a commerative.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread