I got a free Mortorcycle!!!!!

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well sort of ;D

The snow had for the most part melted off down in town so I was able to put a couple of hours in at the tot lot. It was still cold (low 20s) but the sky was clear. My hope was that the ground would not be too frozen, and for a good part of the hunt it was not too bad. The first place I went (a ball park) the ground was so frozen I couldn't get the tip of my 24" shovel to dent the grass. So I headed across town to a park I had never hunted before. It too had a ball park next to it. I got out of the car and checked the ground (tink, tink , tink) it was like knocking on a steel door, but I took the gamble suited up. I walked over to the park (which was deserted) and started swinging, not 5 seconds passed and I got a hard hit. the VID said .25 cents at 6 in. (I can't really rely on it when the weather is cold) but I figured give it a dig and see what you get. As soon as I pulled the plug out there were 2 quarters and 3 pennies in the same hole!! I was pretty excited and hoped that the next hour would be just as exciting. I then got a solid .50cent/1.00 coin hit (which I have never get) I couldn't believe it, I went to dig the first cut and "kink" AAAUUUGGG!!! The ground was solid, but I wasn't gonna let a little frozen ground keep me from possibly digging my best find ever, so I put the shovel in place and planted both my boots on each side and the shovel slid into the ground. I was able to do this 2 more times and I then poped out the plug. I had dug about 6-7 inches and still no sign of the elusive coin, but then thre is was, some kind of clear glass, and of course no big find, just a light of some sort. I then went over by the sand box where I dug the motorcycle. The rest of the time I got a good number of hits but I couldn't dig them up because of the ground. I still had a great time and the weather man is telling us that we are to expect some really nasty weather over the next 24 -48 hours so this will be it for a while.

Here is a picture of my finds!!

Attachments

• DSCF7624.JPG
    DSCF7624.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you are determined. I can't wait to get out again.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Glad you got out! That new motorcycle rocks.....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread