Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my keeper finds got any slower, I'd be going backwards! :'( :D This has been the toughest four hunts I've been on in a while....and I hope it gets better soon!

Last week Lisa and I discovered a new site with old ruins. I left the camera in the car to lighten the load but sure wish I had taken it, cause the sights were much better than the finds! :P :D Down the road a bit from the usual hunted out site we hunt, there is a patch of Kudzu that in the summer months there is NO getting into. We knew there was once a church on the site so we crawled through the vines to get a better look at the place. As usual I was wandering all over and stumbled on another site. Lots of rocks and bricks and a HUGE cistern! The water was probably 20 feet down and I don't have a clue how deep the water was. It made me nervous to look over into it! :o I did find a thimble and miners tag and two wheats...1917 & 1918, one and a half tax tokens and a key. The next hunting trip we set out to find a new site. The house was long gone but we found the site. The ground had been plowed years ago and not much on the finds there either..did manage a nice round bullet and another thimble. Next site Terri and I went to didn't hold much ..found a neat round thing that says White Swan Laundry and Cleaners..then I guess what's a phone number....6-2102.

100_0500.jpg

Here's a link to a neat picture....
http://bplonline.cdmhost.com/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p4017coll6&CISOPTR=854&CISOBOX=1&REC=8

Two days ago Lisa and I headed for the cellar in the woods. We found lots of briars but nothing much else. We decided to go and check out a site that we had passed on the way to the cellar. Made a few phone calls and a visit to the city hall and permission granted! Hit that site for an hour or so till the rain ran us off.
100_0507.jpg

We spent the day yesterday at the same site and the finds were not what I was expecting. :-[ Two tax tokens, four wheats, a pile of insulators and a spoon. :P

100_0514.jpg

100_0518.jpg

Here's a lesson learned too...On the way to this last site yesterday, we passed by a site that looked promising. We stopped by to get permission only to find out it was a house that someone started building years ago and never finished. While talking to the owner I mentioned that we were headed to the property up the road and he says to me, "You can't hunt there! Mr. SoinSo owns that property!!!" >:( I say, "Well, according to city hall, the city owns it and after getting permission yesterday, we hunted there. I guess we need to go back to city hall and clarify." So back to city hall, got permission AGAIN and back to the site. As a courtesy, the mayor came to see us and chat a bit. Come to find out...the mayor is kin folk! :D Lesson learned: Usually those with the sour attitudes don't have a clue. ;)

Nana :)

Upvote 0

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Hey whats in the middle of the picture of the house?

You got some really nice finds though, it always nice when the person you got permission from shows up to chat, it will keep the neighbor away!

Is the mayor you relitive, the neighbors or the previous property owner?

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hang in there Darlin, you know it will get better soon. Congrats to you on getting permission to hunt that spot!That guy was being a Big Doo-Doo head! ::) ::)

HH,
Moon

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana, you and those tax tokens...seems we are gonna have to name you the "Tax Token Queen". ;D Now, those insulators, that's a find!!! They look so pretty sitting in a window sill. I'm seeing something in the middle of that house pic too. :o Anyway, great finds, congrats!

;) RR

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Great goin',nana.You gals have the operation done pat.And who could ever deny you permission?Hell,I'd give you permission even if I didn't own the place.Keep that mxt singin'.Terrific loot you find.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent finds and detective work! :) Glad you met the right peeps, except for one.

HH!
TBGO

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Nice finds, Nana......and the best treasure was sharing the finding with those you care about. :) You did good , girl!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Nice finds. I remember as a kid we had a HUGE box of those insulators. We used to take them over to a railroad tressel by our house and throw them off and watch them bus! ::) :-\ :( Didn't know what I was doing, wish I had them back!

Great finds as always!!!!

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the encouragement, ya'll! :)

Evy...that in the middle of the picture is a big 'ole scratch on my lens. :'( I don't know if/how to fix it. :P If I'm not in a great spot to shoot the picture, it shows up. :-\ AND...the mayor is my kin folk. ;D

Moonie..... :D :D :D Yep! He was! Not even my best smile OR the slow blinking eyelashes budged him! :P :D

RR...well..which would be better? Bullet queen or tax token queen? Decisions, decisions! :D

WSDaddy.... :-*

ME! Shame on you! These were half buried and in big pile of brush. I happen to see a blue one peeking up at me and I had to have 'em. Just don't mention them to Charlie. :D I'll incorporate them into the decor before he knows I've brought another box full of junque into the house! :D

Nana ;D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nanna would you please adopt me during the winter months. I can take out the trash and can shovel snow. ;D ;D
Burdie

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Burdie said:
Nanna would you please adopt me during the winter months. I can take out the trash and can shovel snow. ;D ;D
Burdie

If you can make the morning coffee also,I'll adopt you!

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Nana, glad you got permission to hunt it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread