I got a war nickel just by talking about one.....

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the driveway today to do a little MDing. Just before dark I got a strong $.05/PT. I had already dug up a few tabs. I was prepared to continue cleaning the trash from the driveway. Anyoo, I dug up a 1964 nickel >:(

Now, I have been MDing my butt off and found several 65, 66, and newer dimes and quarters :-\ Many memorials and wheaties, but, so far no silver >:( I came into the house and was discouraged by the taunting year of my oldest nickel thus far >:( At any rate, I was telling my wife about my crummy nickel >:( and the crummy dimes >:( and how I long for silver from the ground :'( If not from a silver mine then some coins would be just fine instead.

I decided I would come to the computer and sit down to tell my crummy nickel story >:(, and in fact, I have done just that. The story however is not over ??? ???

As I was just sitting down and logging in to tell my story my son asks of me, "Hey, dad. Is this fake?"

Of course I asked him what it was and he handed me this.......a 1943 S mint wartime nickel....

Sorry for the pic. I used my neighbor's 5.0 Mp Canon and this is the best I could get. Any suggestions for a better close-up would be appreciated. Thanks for looking!!

If he hadn't sold some candy to a girl at school we would not be looking at the particular specimen. I got onto him about that..... :Dand he gave me the nickel ;D....I love that kid..... ;D

HH

Attachments

• NickelBack.JPG
    NickelBack.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations always good to get given coin, and coins from sources you would not expect. Someone brought me 4 1950's era wheaties today. Sure do love the coin that comes to me free.

Postalrevnant

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nickel! Use the macro function for closeups, the button with a little tulip or flower on it. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions