I got kicked out again. Moved and found a ring.

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once again I'm told a public school is private property and I'll have to leave.
First of all the gate was open and there were people playing softball. A co-ed game of various ages. Looked public to me.
Then when the softball players went to leave the gate was locked. These poor people had to climb a 7-8 foot fence because they couldn't find a way out. Two of the couples couldn't make the climb and wandered off trying to find a way out. I don't know what happened to them.
Now I'm all alone and I figure if I have to climb a fence I'm going to stick around and make it worth my while.
Then some nut comes along in his golf cart on the other side of the fence. He tells me I'm on private property and I'll have to leave. He says, we've been wondering who's been digging holes out here.
Yeah well it wasn't me. That was my first trip to this place. I drove 45 miles to get there.
Plus I'm very careful about leaving the least amount of trace that I've been there.
I asked the guy who he is. He say, GOD!
I'm like geesh what an idiot. I asked the guy to unlock the gate so I can get out. He wont do it. He makes me walk all the way across campus to another gate and opens that. Then he looks all pissed off because it took me too long to walk over there.
He's just dang lucky nobody got hurt climbing over that fence.
I could go on but I wont. grrr.

Anywho, I went to a park a couple miles a way and found this silver ring. =)

Attachments

• ring37.jpg
    ring37.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 872
  • 37 ring.jpg
    37 ring.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 884
  • ring 37.jpg
    ring 37.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 907
Upvote 7

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have found it a Lot less of a Problem to just wait till Summer when school is out and go then

Now, who woulda thunk it? A with a name like Tackem would have such tact! ;)

I am in complete agreement that schools, above all, need to be protected and safe places. I wouldn't mind having to carry a special permit to detect there. Also, I will never hunt there during the week or on a weekend when a function is going on at the school. But, with that said, where do we practice our hobby? What I mean is where would this permit system NOT be in place? Eventually, the lines out of a dark time will become standard.

"Papers! Where are your papers?!"

Overkill? Probably. Still....

For now, I concentrate on permission-ed hunts. I may go to a public school on a weekend but if I'm ever asked to move on, I simply will. No questions asked.

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread