OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
rmptr, thanks for the tips! I'm getting better and better at pinpointing. I'm doing as you suggested, trying to picture where an old house might have been in our garden area at one time. Hubby will be getting the garden ready in Feb. to plant potatoes if he is up to it. If he does I'll sure be right behind him with my BH. ;) I'm trying to find the perfect frame for my pulltab. When I do I will post it on this thread for you.

GLH,
Pepper

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Tubecity said:
Sounds like you definately have the bug. It's funny to picture someone all ready to go with detector in hand, headphones on, ready to rush out when the rain slows. Like the paratroopers in a plane waiting for the jump light. Best wishes
& good luck hunting.

Tubecity, I most certainly have the "BUG"! Thank you for the best wishes and luck. I wish the same for you!

GLH,
Pepper

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Pepper ! while reading this I feel all the excitement that your haveing and know how you feel ;D after 3 years of doing this i'm still excited and here its saturday ,I'm off today and its raining and cold :'( the wife and i really want to go out and get our fix and we are thinking of the best time to go watching radar and temps and knowing we can only go today or tommorow :-[ housework and everything else is on the back burner , we will do it sometime ;D Better get your husband his own detector and let the Bug bite him so he won't be grouchy ;) this hobby will take up alot of your time ! it sure has ours :D congrats to your finds and fun !

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
weasel606, did you and the wife get out today? I hope so. I was stuck in the house two days this week due to a cold snap. Like to have went bonkers! Ended up going to the park today. There where some kids in the sandboxes so I piddled around waiting for them to leave. I found three pennies and a nickle and all of a sudden my BH went haywired. Turned out the batteries went dead and I didn't have any spare ones on me. ::) I learned an important lesson today.....NEVER leave home without spare batteries!!
Let me know what you and the wife found if you got out today. My new Motto is......the heck with housework it will be there when I get ready to do it....... ;D

GLH,
Pepper

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hi Pepper;
I sure wish I had someone as enthusiastic as you to detect with!!! I can't seem to get any of my female friends interested. One day this summer, I had discovered a new place to hunt and got up early, only to find it raining. I was watching the weather forecast and they said it would stop around 9:30. So at 9:15 I got in my car and sat...and waited till 10:30 for the rain to subside!! ;D

Isn't this a great hobby!! Fun and great exercise.

Debby

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Debby, you are a true MD'er! Anyone that will wait out a rain storm is cool beans in my book! ;) Wish I had someone like you to hunt with. We would have a blast. No piece of ground would be safe. :D

Yes, it is a GREAT hobby. And the best part is.....it makes exercise fun! Keep your chin up and find a treasure. Flash it in front of your girlfriends and maybe they will get the bug! ;)

Pepper

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
youre enthusiasm is contagious to me, thank you for that. good luck! :) :)

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
moonshine said:
youre enthusiasm is contagious to me, thank you for that. good luck! :) :)

Thank you, moonshine for the good luck wishes. Don't read my down in the dumps post.....lol....I had a couple of disappointing hunts and had me a "Blues Party"! ;D I'm over it now. ;) :)

I wish you the best of luck also! :)

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Babushka said:
Good Luck, Pepper!

Same to you, Babushka! And welcome to TNet! I look forward to seeing some of your finds. :)

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Pepper, I dont think there is any hope for you girl!!! Maybe you should warn the neighbors that if they here you screaming, they shouldnt be worried. Its probably just you digging up a wheatie! ;D ;D
I love the excitement you have for the hobby. Many of us married guys would give up our left.......our left......well we would be very happy if our wives would show as much interest as you do. Love your posts. keep'm comin'!!
Johnny 8) 8)

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
Don't read my down in the dumps post.....lol....I had a couple of disappointing hunts and had me a "Blues Party"!

no i didnt see that but, oh we've all been there. but you know what? what might be in that NEXT hole that you dig? You dont know until you dig it up and have a look. ;) for me its always about whats coming next. thats where the real fun of this hobby is. the unknown, the thrill of the hunt.

what i also mean by that is, the only way to get better is through experience. every time you listen to your detector, and then dig the target, whatever the target may be, youre getting better.

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Johnny Ringo Silver said:
Pepper, I dont think there is any hope for you girl!!! Maybe you should warn the neighbors that if they here you screaming, they shouldnt be worried. Its probably just you digging up a wheatie! ;D ;D
I love the excitement you have for the hobby. Many of us married guys would give up our left.......our left......well we would be very happy if our wives would show as much interest as you do. Love your posts. keep'm comin'!!

Johnny 8) 8)

Johnny, I don't think there is any hope for me either! I can relate to having a spouse that doesn't enjoy MD'ing. Hubby is just not into it. He did go with me today however (I think because I carried my gun with me). ;) I went into the woods and got a good silver signal about 8"s. He dug it up for me and it was an old trawl that they nail on trees to catch sap!! He was fixing to throw it back in the hole and bury it until I let out a loud" NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" :o Next I found an old bottle and told him to hold it for me. I happen to look back and he had tossed it away. Told me it was just trash. ::) I was ready to take his butt back home! 8) I did a bit more searching and found quarter. ( my first one). All in all I had a good time. :) Good luck on your next hunt.

Pepper :)

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
gotreasurehunting said:
Now go and dig up your back yard! ;)

Hi, gotreasurehunting. Welcome to TNet. :) I haven't got to my backyard yet. ;) Today I did some digging in the front. Hubby told me looked like a gopher had taken over the yard! So, guess you can say I'm not real neat covering my holes yet, but I'm working on it! Good luck hunting. Pepper :)

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
moonshine said:
Don't read my down in the dumps post.....lol....I had a couple of disappointing hunts and had me a "Blues Party"!

no i didnt see that but, oh we've all been there. but you know what? what might be in that NEXT hole that you dig? You dont know until you dig it up and have a look. ;) for me its always about whats coming next. thats where the real fun of this hobby is. the unknown, the thrill of the hunt.

what i also mean by that is, the only way to get better is through experience. every time you listen to your detector, and then dig the target, whatever the target may be, youre getting better.

That's what makes it so addicting. You never know what that next hole is hiding! And your also right that the only way to get better is experience. I just get frustrated sometimes after digging for hours and only have 2 pennies to show for it. :P
I'm getting better at it though. Slowly maybe, but better. :)

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Don't be frustrated Pepper,

I didn't do so well at the ballfield today.

And this tall dark fellow was following me everywhere I went!

Gonna try a new place tomorrow, for sure...

R M P T R

Attachments

• p9.jpg
    p9.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 222
OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
rmptr, :D :D :D :D That's the best laugh I've had all day! Thanks. :)

If I saw that tall dude I'd have been out of there in a flash! ;D

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Pepper,
Post some pic's girl. I want to see that pulltab, and some of your other finds.
You will find a real old coin soon- I feel it.
Tennessee Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread