I guess it works.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read other posts about Coinstar finds and have occasionally checked the reject slots when in the grocery stores and have found nothing. That is until today. I was in Walmart to buy something and went by the Coinstar and checked the reject slot and saw several coins which I retrieved and put in my pocket. When I got to the truck I found a current nickel and quarter and a 1954 Washington quarter. I guess I will continue to keep an eye on Coinstar! Sorry I didn't post a pic, but it was nothing special. This story happened on the way back from hunting a local park and finding a handful of clad and a small silver charm. I found a bargain on Craigslist, an AT Pro like new for $400.00 and am trying to get use to it. It is quite a lot different from my old Whites XLT, and will be a learning curve! I just wanted a backup when the old XLT quits.

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good score. I have yet to find anything in the reject slot. I did find a copper penny against the wall about 10 ft from the coinstar at Walmart last year.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY!!! That's MY coinstar!! You put that back! ;) LOL

ATP may be different from what you used before, but, I've found it the easiest I've ever tried to learn.

Good luck!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Every now and again I can beat everyone else to the only coinstar in town. So far, no goodies except the time I saw an acquaintance dumping her accumulated change into the machine. I told her I would buy any and all rejects. As I was standing in line to pay for my snacks she approached with a 64 quarter. I reached for a dollar and she told me to just keep it, "it's just a quarter" she said.

Congratz on a coinstar save!

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are fortunate to have 6 grocery stores close by, where we winter in Arizona, and all have Coinstars.
Every now and again I can beat everyone else to the only coinstar in town. So far, no goodies except the time I saw an acquaintance dumping her accumulated change into the machine. I told her I would buy any and all rejects. As I was standing in line to pay for my snacks she approached with a 64 quarter. I reached for a dollar and she told me to just keep it, "it's just a quarter" she said.

Congratz on a coinstar save!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions