Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of sick people out there that just want to mess with someone's fun. They think we do this for profit. machine-gun.gif

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the drawbacks to beach hunting, always a wise guy around watching you and wanting to show how dumb he is by salting the area with pennies. So, cut out digging them if you have VDI, just pass them up and go for whatever else show up.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notch'em out and carry on... Or scoop them up. Money is money!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why not take the high road? Why can't we assume that someone saw you detecting, and decided to give you leg up by salting the beach with the contents of their penny jar? I can see an old fuddy-duddy doing that.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the drawbacks to beach hunting, always a wise guy around watching you and wanting to show how dumb he is by salting the area with pennies. So, cut out digging them if you have VDI, just pass them up and go for whatever else show up.
Pretty ironic the fat 18k ticket ringman found came up as a penny on his ctx. Would have never found it if penny was ignored, Mike

OU812

Nov 19, 2014
It would be ironic if one of the pennies turns out to be a real valuable one lol

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hahaha. WOW. The guy has absolutely revealed himself to be jealous, petty and carrying what is likely very low self image (along with a bunch of pennies). You guys will rake in the pennies and still get the good stuff, wake up the next day and be happy to go out again. He however, will wake up and still have to be him.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't really notch pennies out, that presents something of a conundrum. A lot of lower grade gold and old gold is high in copper content. When the CTX first came out a lot of hunters thought they could notch out pennies and not miss any gold. Most of them have since realized it isn't possible without the risk of missing gold.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notch'em out and carry on... Or scoop them up. Money is money!

Beach hunters aren't looking for spare change, they are looking for gold. Zincolns read the same as large gold rings, and it will waste a LOT of your time digging all of them while in search of gold, thereby reducing your good finds.

It's a sad, pathetic attempt to drive people away from what some scumbag considers "his beach".

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take what you can get, I bet there are some days you wish someone would drop a few pennies just so you don't get skunked. Life is good

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a few good storms should push them high up on the slope? until then just dig them and get them out of the way, you might end up with a ring or two that others ignore!!!!

chuck.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a few good storms should push them high up on the slope? until then just dig them and get them out of the way, you might end up with a ring or two that others ignore!!!!

chuck.

Absolutely, Chuck! Fortune is where you find it. Some days I'm happy to dig a stinkin-zinkin. Too many people always assume the worst.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just dig it all stay humble and swing on low and slow happy hunting ya'll

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sick people do sick things. Someone is obviously jealous of your proficiency and wants to even the playing field by sabotaging you. Don't let them win. If by chance that they happen to be on Tnet, grow up, get proficient or find a new hobby. I have the same problem with someone doing that with only zincolns all over two volleyball courts in Wi. They have thrown hundreds and hundreds of them everywhere on these courts.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My view of this issue, if I may Max. Digging just one of those penny's could lead you, Chainman, Denny, Fastman or the Guru to a big old honker gold ring. The way I see this hobby of ours, if I'm meant to find something valuable, my coil will run over top of it. Who knows how many times any of our coils have been within an inch of running over a big ticket, but it just wasn't our time. One step to the right or left while walking our beautiful beaches could be the difference between a bobby pin and a Rolex. While we can't do much to change the mindset of someone that scatters penny's or bobby pins on the beaches, we can still enjoy our hobby and appreciate what it gives us... 01-10-2015 a.m. @ Lantana2.JPG

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread