I had lunch at the bank

topcat422

May 19, 2006
Well this is my first post. I have been lurking and watching all you fine folks swooping up the SILVER got me intrigued. So I stopped by a bank in an older neighborhood today at lunch. I asked the teller if she had any halfs. She said she had 2. (not 2 rolls - 2 halfs total). I said I'll take them and does anyone else have any more ? The teller next to her had 23 rolls. Stupid me, I had only $210.00. I got 21 of 23 rolls and went to my car. I noticed most of the rollers old looking and were taped shut. I open the first roll.... :o :o :o 5 -90% Kennedys and a couple 40% and a Franklin. So I'm pumped and proceeded to go thru all 21 rolls in the car. Silver, Silver, Silver !!! Well I knew there were 2 more rolls waiting for me to buy. I had to go cash some clad rolls in and when I got back the teller had went to lunch .... Argghhhhh.... I waited 45 minutes for her to get back and I bought the two rolls. I was rewarded with 2 more 90 % Kennedys and 4 more 40%. My wife tells me I have an addictive personality. She must be right since I didn't eat lunch. I guess after this I'll need an intervention. Thanks to all you who got me hooked. Here's my total:

1- 52 Franklin
21-64 Kennedys
2- 65 Kennedys
2- 66 Kennedys
22- 67 Kennedys
10- 68 Kennedys
4- 69 Kennedys

Upvote 0

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds and how can you not be addicted after a day like that

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
You are officially hooked, and there's no medication I know of that will help!!
Might as well set back and enjoy it!
Welcome to the group and to this crazy hobby.
HH,
Bob

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Intervention???

HA! No Way!!!

Welcome to the addiction. You got one heckuva great start. Now you get to experience never having any paper money!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent debut performance topcat! Hope your luck is as good in the future.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
An intervention won't do you any good. The only thing now to keep you from the hobby is prison. The return from coin roll hunting is much better than metal detecting, plus the coins are cleaner.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Welcome to the forum Topcat and to the hobby. Congratulations that is a great haul. That's really awesome. Of course that would make my heart pound, but when I got that first Walker...wow did that ever get me pounding. I can't imagine finding a barber like some peps here have found.

Anyways, good to have you onboard. Will be looking forward to your posts. Good luck on the hunt.

Postalrevnant

Smithrow1

Aug 2, 2006
Great job. The wife says the same about me. That lunch break made you over $100 in profit. Nice making money during lunch ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread