I had my wheaties today

M

mchamby

:D I got permission last week to hunt an old homestead and yesterday was the first warm day we have had for awhile. The house is late 1800s modest in size with a sheep barn and chicken coop that are starting to fall in. The new owner is putting a cement cellar under it and raising the porch. He has plowed out all the saplings and dug a septic. I knew the owner she was 95 when she died last spring and the family sold it in the fall.
Anyway I decided to take the explorer out and see if I could do better with it and not get so frustrated. I hunted about 2 hours and only couldn't find my target once. The first target I found was an older spoon not silver about 6 inches down. In the driveway I dug several signals and came up with 3 dimes, (1990 D, 1991, 1975) also couple of bottle caps and odd pieces of iron. Near the front door I dug and what did I find but copper piping that leads to the well (that was an easy one to pin point, big enough :-\ ). Around the front of the house I dug a toy pistol that was very coroded and a couple of spent shells. Then I get a hit of 3 fer and 28 sens which tells me I've got a penny (I'm hoping for an Indian since I haven't found one of those yet. I start digging a 4 inch hole and use my bullseye to find the penny not problem, oh boy it's a wheatie then I check the hole to make sure theres nothing else and I get another and another and another and another signal. Before I was done the hole was 6 inches wide and 8 inches deep and I found 7 wheaties . Boy was that fun but I got greedy and kept hoping for more. After that excitement I found one heck of a hugh horse shoe , several Iris bulbs for my garden and some barb wire that was a very fine wire. I also found a penny under the clothes line and two other wheaties. What a fun day that was I will try and go back sometime this week if the weather holds out. :D :) 8)
Wheaties 1917, 1957 D, 1942, 1936, 1951 D, 1949, 1953, 1942, one to coroded to tell and a 1987 regular. Sorry no pics. :-\
Mchamby.

Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Sounds like you have a nice dig site there with all tho;s wheats,got to be some good stuff.Good luck and look forward to your nw finds.HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good place to re-visit, and find more!

Good luck,

HH

Lonewolfe

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Nice finds, great story to go with them. Never found more than two in one hole. Awesome! Some barbed wire are very collectable. People build displays of various types and are a great conversation piece.

F

Floater

Got to love those old homes. Where there is wheat there is silver. Great story.HH

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Love those wheaties! I'm working on permission to hunt a similar age site right now. They are gonna burn the old house any day now. Hope to get out there today but it is windy 25 to 35 MPH & chill factor of about 36 degrees. I'll go anyway if I get the chance. Spotz

D

Darod

Way to go!

It's always fun when you find some many coins in one hole! My personal record is 13 pennies in one area 4" x 4",.....none were wheaties though!

I'll be looking forward to your next post from that site! Your gonna find somethin' good, I just know it ;)

Rod

OP
OP
M

mchamby

49ner I wish I could send some pics but I am paying off for one toy (explorer 2) so I can't upgrade my system right now, maybe by the end of summer? :'(
MChamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread