I had to get my mind off it...

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Unfortunately yesterday we had to put our 14 yr old dog down. One of the worse things I ever had to do. I had'nt cried in years but I did yesterday. I asked the wife if she minded if I got up early to go to the park for a couple hours and she said go ahead knowing it would help me take my mind off of losing Baby our dog. Back to Silver Park for a couple hours and managed a 1943-D quarter, a couple 50's wheaties, some clad and a Fiat medal from Italy. This is my 24th silver coin on the year. I know it's not much but I only get to go hunting on Sat or Sun and sometimes both days.It did help me a bit but I miss her so much already. Good luck out there.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 43D.jpg
    43D.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 872
  • 43Dback.jpg
    43Dback.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 881
Upvote 0

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Truely sorry about your pet Mike :sad11: Perhaps a new puppy in the future ? :dog:

Getting out and doin some detecting ALWAYS helps clear the mind :thumbsup:

Cool silver !!

Derek

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
So sorry to hear of your loss. Glad you were able to get out and do some detecting and keep busy.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
You did the right thing. Im really sorry for your loss. Pets become one of the family.
Hopefully there will be another pet in the future. Hit the dirt whenever you can.
Joe

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Sorry to hear about your dog.

Nice silver also. I bet it will be sometime until you feal better.

Take care,

Jeremy

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I feel your pain. I had to do the same 2 weeks ago with my 13 year old dog Zuni. Miss her something fierce......
Sorry to hear that.

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,

sorry about your loss... been there and had to do that. Cried like a baby too.

Getting out was a good thing to do. Congrats on the silver!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on the silver Mike, and in a couple days my girlfriend's cat of 15 years will be put to sleep as well. Not easy but she is in pain and suffering. I know dirt digging is great therapy, so you might need a day or two during the week to help ease your pain!! I will be putting the detector in the closet because she will need support!!

donny nj

Jan 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike one of the benefits of metal detecting is the soothing isolation you get once you put on your headphones & can be at one with yourself & your thoughts while you swing. Hopefully your pet is in a better place now.....so remember the good times with her & be strong. Congrats on your recent outing, nice finds.

DP

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike
I am truly sorry losing your furbaby, they are part of your family, so I totally understand. Maybe getting out a bit more,with time to keep your mind busy may help, but its gonna take alot of time to ease the pain of losing her.. I wish you well and hope you feel soon..

Ya did great on your finds Mike.
blessings to ya Mike,
Booty

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Thank you everyone for your kind words. It's truly appreciated.
God Bless you all.
Mike in NJ

(())RandY(())

Mar 5, 2008
Tennessee
Nice finds :thumbsup:..I know what your going threw!! When my job moved to Mexico 2 years ago had to move into a apartment ''no pets aloud'' :'( ...had to get rid of my dog...Well I thought i would be ok getting rid of her ... the min i drove off i couldnt hold the tears back,never thought that i would get that way toward a pet...And again sorry for the loss of your dog!!

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry for your loss ,, I think everyone here feels your pain. Your pet was a true member of your family. I'll keep you and your wife in my prayers.. Its also nice to have a nice hobby to take a break from the pain and sorrow,, God Bless. guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread