I hate DENVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Seems all i find here is new clad and jewelry! Where the heck is all the old coins at? I have tried several old parks, old neighborhoods grassy area between the sidewalk and road, and those construction sites in cherry creek where they are tearing down everything. Anyone else have any ideas where to hunt for some nice silver coinage? Also I am down to go hunting with anyone...I always have crazy days off from work, they are never the same week to week, but it usually is either Monday or Thursday. email me at [email protected] if your down for a hunt.... oh and some tips where to get some silver would be nice as well. :)

dennisdunigan

Apr 8, 2007
Canon City, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Hi DenverJoe. Have you tried any riverwalks?
Do you have any old city maps showing parks?
If not go to the Nat. History Mus. there in Den. Look in the western History Wing.
Find some really old parks, might give you a better chance.

Also E-Mail me about some hunts. I live in Canon City but we could meet 1/2 way or something.
Swing away, good luck!! :wink:

OP
OP
denverjoe04

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
im down for a colorado springs hunt...or Pubalo dunno if thats half way for you or not....both are older cities and im sure there is treasure to be found

scooter

Nov 3, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
denverjoe04 said:
Seems all i find here is new clad and jewelry! Where the heck is all the old coins at? I have tried several old parks, old neighborhoods grassy area between the sidewalk and road, and those construction sites in cherry creek where they are tearing down everything. Anyone else have any ideas where to hunt for some nice silver coinage? Also I am down to go hunting with anyone...I always have crazy days off from work, they are never the same week to week, but it usually is either Monday or Thursday. email me at [email protected] if your down for a hunt.... oh and some tips where to get some silver would be nice as well. :)

Denverjoe,
I feel your same frustrations. Hopefully it will make it that much more exciting when you dig that one hole that is gleaming with some silver.

Keep diggin,
Scooter

scooter

Nov 3, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
I hunt downtown Denver, and I will verify that there is nothing left. Everything has been found, and yet, the competition remains fierce. Nothing but rusty needles and bottlecaps are all that remains.

The situation is sufficiently dire that I believe packing it up and finding new hobbies is the only sane course of action.

And so, in review- THERE IS NOTHING TO FIND IN DENVER. Might as well not bother detecting there.

Fishing is fun!

Don't give up :( it is just a matter of time before you dig something good :thumbsup:

I agree that quite a bit of the "Good Stuff" has been found :icon_scratch: but someone will always miss something sometime and something is always just waiting to be found, which is what keeps me diggin'.

I don't know if it is luck or being in the right place at the right time but I have luckily found silver in Denver, just recently too :wink:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,153352.msg1106489.html#msg1106489

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,155887.msg1128124.html#msg1128124

Keep Diggin',
Scooter

scooter

Nov 3, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
NO NO NO NO!

There is nothing left in Denver. Everyone should stop detecting. For those considering starting, it is TOO LATE!

Denver is devoid of treasures, and the crime situation is too bad anyway. Leave those dirty old Barber quarters in the easements.

So, my fellow metal detecting enthusiasts, now is the time to silently hang up your gear, and to raise a pint to the lost hobby of metal detecting!

I will hold down the fort on the detecting in Denver, just for old times' sake. I will report on my bottlecap finds to you.

I see, I see, said the blind man :wink:

You should all listen to this guy.. :thumbsup: He has great knowledge and knows of what he speaks :thumbsup:

I totally agree with him, we should all turn off the detectors and walk away before it is too late :D

LOL ;D LOL ;D LOL ;D LOL ;D LOL ;D LOL ;D LOL ;D LOL ;D LOL ;D LOL ;D LOL ;D LOL ;D

Happy digging,
Scooter

P

Pentico

plehbah I feel your pain!
The town is bone dry, dust a cow town.
The least I could do is help you hold the fort down!
Well Scooter and Philip oh and Joe will help too.
The five of us can work this out with out anyone person being overburden with the whole city! :thumbsup:
We are here for you! :wink:
Everyone else pack it up and go west! ----->>>>>> W :headbang:
It really is your best bet, California's is the place you aw to be, so load up the truck and move to Beverley, Hills that is, movie stars, swimming pools and GOLD!!!!!
We will miss you all!
Please write and send post cards. :thumbsup:
D Nugget

goldenlady

Mar 5, 2008
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Strike
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL your all too funny !! Send them to California and you all hold down the fort in Denver.....and don't forget the surrounding areas....Good Luck holding down the fort !!!!!!!!!

Goldenlady
(Shawnee)

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i think you are right to give up and i tell you what being the good guy that i am i will even hold onto your detector, i have some extra space and i would hate for it to be in any of ya'lls way :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions