MD Permission

Noir

Greenie
Apr 8, 2008
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT-300
I've sent a couple emails to the city asking but never get any replies. Does anyone who MD's in Colorado know the rules and regulations on where it is ok to MD. I know you need permisson for private lands, federal land is off limits also, and national forests are off limits too.

Are all the public parks & schools fair game? I've also heard you can MD on campsites anywhere even if its federal land or whatever. Pretty much i've been told parks,schools, and some state parks.

I'm still new to this and just don't want to run into any trouble when I go out. Thanks

Jeff

scooter

Nov 3, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noir said:
I've sent a couple emails to the city asking but never get any replies. Does anyone who MD's in Colorado know the rules and regulations on where it is ok to MD. I know you need permisson for private lands, federal land is off limits also, and national forests are off limits too.

Are all the public parks & schools fair game? I've also heard you can MD on campsites anywhere even if its federal land or whatever. Pretty much i've been told parks,schools, and some state parks.

I'm still new to this and just don't want to run into any trouble when I go out. Thanks

Jeff

Jeff this is all I have found http://www.metal-detecting-ghost-towns-of-the-east.com/metal-detecting-in-Colorado.html

I am not sure if this info is correct but I hope it helps....

Good luck,
Scooter

dennisdunigan

Apr 8, 2007
Canon City, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
I just called the police, and park here. they said I could go to any park in canon city if I don't tear up their sod.
I would just call the "powers to be" and ask. :)
good luck on your hunts!!

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Noir said:

Jeff

I recently sent very friendly letters asking that same question to Ft. Collins, Lovelend and Berthoud. Only got one reply , from Loveland, telling me NO MD'ING ALLOWED.

Of course I'll be searching the parks and schools. I really don't care what they think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread