I have a boat i want to go treasure hunting in the fla coast whos IN ....

Emanuel787

Aug 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i live in the north east florida region there are alot of stories that their is treasures buried up and down the coast of florida. spanish ship wrecks..i would like to go treasure hunting like the old days look for ship wrecks and follow old routes to see if they pay off.i just want some input should i follow this dream around since i was a kid or should i just leave it alone ..i do know one thing if i find people with the same dreams as me and are willing to put up money like me ill take the journey..like i said i have the boat.and im just anxious about this..and willing to go on a journey to see if my instincs dont fail me and so far they haven't..can somebody please give me an advice..

Upvote 1

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say, with all sincerity, Good luck to you and please post your finds where we can see them.:icon_thumleft:

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the laws. Odyssey Marine owns most of the coasts mineral rights. I am a West Coast guy so I am not certain about the particulars.
Good luck if it works out for you.
Bunker

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One only lives once ! Go for it ! Don't look back in your old age and say "I wish I had"!

OP
OP
E

Emanuel787

Aug 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thanx for all the input's i have a 36 foot boat Woodie... And in Florida i just been reading about alot of spanish ship wrecks only miles offshore from were i live at. Ive read Amelia island all the way down to treasure island by st.petersburgs beach all that coast from tampa treasure island major hot spot back in the day for pirates and shipments just google shipwrecks in the gulf waters or in florida and you will see for your own.. around the beach coast of pensacola to all the way down to the florida keys.well any more input..please anybody knows the regulations if treasure is found in florida or st.augustine do i have to return it to florida? how would i go by researching that.any website in specific and please dont be a smart a**** and tell me just google it i already have..also would i need a captain that knows the florida waters also beter than me may be like a fisherman from the coast or something i think that would of help any fishermans out there let me know how much to get out there for 30 days and see what we come up with..

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check the salvage and treasure hunting laws for Florida so you don't start out on your dream and end up in jail!!!!!!!!!!! good luck

hammong

Aug 29, 2009
You might want to research the law carefully, because apparantly anything within 10 miles of the coast on the Gulf side, or 3 miles of the coast on the Ocean side of Florida is public property, and subject to rather strict law governing treasure hunting and recovery. See text below:

Florida law follows federal law and expands upon it. The Florida Historical Resources Act covers all navigable bays, rivers, streams and lakes in the state and extends jurisdiction 10 miles out into the Gulf of Mexico and 3 miles offshore into the Atlantic Ocean. Divers must obtain permits from the state Division of Historical Resources before any excavation of an underwater discovery and they have to qualify as professional archaeological experts affiliated with a museum, university or similar scientific or educational institution. Anything they find under the research permit is public property. Failure to obtain a permit is a third degree felony. Exploration and Recovery permits are required for individuals or companies who want to explore or recover artifacts on state-owned lands--including those underwater. All activities must be performed under state supervision, archaeological guidelines apply to any excavation and recovered artifacts are recorded and conserved. By law, a portion of the find may be awarded to the finder.

Sourced from Treasure Hunting Laws of Florida | eHow.com

HarleyNick

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there, I know this is an old ad. but are you still interested in treasure hunting. I also have a nice 38ft powerboat yacht.

HarleyNick

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there, I am also looking to do some treasure hunting. I to have a nice 38ft powerboat yacht. I know your ad is an older one but if your still looking to treasure hunt please get back to me asap. my Name is Nick.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck follow your dreams, I have a 16 ft boat and will be chasing my dreams in smaller waters, I might be upgrading to a 18 ft boat.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck follow your dreams, I have a 16 ft boat and will be chasing my dreams in smaller waters, I might be upgrading to a 18 ft boat.

Brad, when I saw you had replied to this thread, I had to see if you had volunteered to run down the coast to join the OP lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions