i have a discovery 1100 anytips\help on this model would be great

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently got my detector and am new to this site but i have a bounthunter discovery 1100 i have gone thru the Manual and have tried a few items and have practiced a little in the backyard only found junk so.far but cant wait to find some good juice, bit anyway i was jusy hopeing that someone coild help and give some good advice on this model thanx all who answers

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
dig everything. i have the 2200 model and they work quite well with good depth put ur coil over the keeper and u will find the goods. mine seems to sound off on the inner ring for deeper targets but for the shallower ones wide sweeps and u should be able to pinpoint very well follow what the manual says and u will do great gl HH

OP
OP
J

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok heres a question i was out with the md and was getting hits for silver lead and mid. All same area started digging and hit a bunch of concrete, does any one know why it would register like that?

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
prob something in the concrete or something under the concrete. try this lift the coil above the ground 4-6 '' and swing again if ya still get the reading whatever it is will be large and deep. rusty iron some times can read like silver. rescan the hole and move ur coil over the concrete the bh dont lie lol if it reads theres somethin there as long as its a repeatable signal otherwise it might be ground minerization try to swing smooth i find if i swing fast and stop suddenly it will give a signal sometimes

OP
OP
J

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx again im gonna pull out the big shovels and sledge and see what it is. Lol its driving me crazy. Lol

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
How big is this concrete many the rebar is setting it off lol

OP
OP
J

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not entirely sure but i beleive it is only maybe 2 ft across. I am going to dig it.up in the sm eith the big spade. I was only using my lil spade. But i am not sure y it is were it is. Lol it is in my backyatd about 5.in down and doesn't seem to have any reason to be there.

North AL

Feb 5, 2013
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also am new to this and have been using my BH Discovery 110 for about a month now. Could be picking up rebar or something underneath. I found a Singer New Family Machine sowing machine in my backyard that was about 15 inches down. It picked up up good because it was so big. The other day I was hunting with a buddy and his White picked up on a signal that mine didn't get. Turns out it was a bunch of old metal/pick axe head that was about 2 feet down! That is the only set back I've seen so far, but I'm not complaining. For the money it's woth it. My advise....just dig until you get used to the tones abd see what you get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread