Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter Ultra Mag

iforgotu812

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
I recently purchased a sharp shooter ultra mag by bounty hunter. So far I'm the scrap yards greatest asset. I'm finding loads of old scrap metal, jar lids and odds and ends iron pieces. Granted I enjoy finding just about anything even if its just an old rusty piece of metal. I keep everything I find cause even old rusty bits are worth something if you get enough of them. So with that being said I am looking for someone with similar experience with this type of detector or one of similar nature. Some helpful tips or tricks in getting the maxim potential out of this machine. I am by far not a professional at this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
iforgotu812

iforgotu812

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Thanks. I've heard some good and some bad. It works for me and my budget. I was hoping to find some tips and tricks on operating this machine though.

rchunter35

Greenie
Feb 18, 2013
Washington
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter AT Pro XTERRA705 whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Herb.I have the same machine.I was hoping it would be good for me since i am a rookie.

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey sorry to Hijack this old thread, but I was wondering what you guys thought of the Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter, I have the opportunity to buy one at ta pawn shop and I wanted to know what you guys thought of it. What would be a reasonable price to pay for it.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I also have a Bounty Hunter and find everything that is totally worthless. I tried it out in my backyard and got a large hit, when I started digging, it looked like a chest. When I finally got to it, it turned out to be a large chunk of rolled up siding.I see herb n surf has a site to look into. Guess I need to stick with the Fisher.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ultra Mag just means it was marketed by Cabela's. A new SharpShooter 2 by Bounty Hunter can be had for $160. Unless you can work a deal under $100, you can do better.

If you're willing to go $145, add $30 and get the Quick Draw Pro. A much better detector.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread