cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The teller I get my normal two boxes from every Friday had something for me when I came in. It was a coin wrapper only about one third full. He had it hidden in his coin drawer. He tore open the wrapper with a big smile and poured out 13 silver quarters. He said I might be interested in these. He had found them all in one roll some customer had brought in. I asked if he wanted to sell them? Sure for $3.25!

I couldn't find a lot of halves bank hopping so I got other rolls. I was in line and two people behind me a lady had a huge bag of rolled coins. When I got to the merchant teller she only had a few coins. I told her about the lady with the bag who was just walking up to a different teller. She went down and told the teller I wanted the coins. She came back and told me to stand in that line. So the teller paid out around $300 I got to the window and paid the teller the same amount. $183 was pennies which I will sort later. but the others were nickels, dimes and quarters. Got two war nicks and a silver dime. My regular boxes got me 4 - 90% & 10 - 40%

So I hit a home run: silver nickels - dime - quarters & halves all in one day.

Upvote 0

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I had a teller once when I was bank hopping pull 2 1964's out frombehind her tray (stash) and say "here, you can have these". Never saw her before. Nor after. Some people are just plain nice. Makes me know I have done people right to get karma back like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions