Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To find something good. I have walked miles of corn stubble and used makeshift bridges to cross streams
IMG_20181123_152607255.jpg
Alas, to no avail. Finding early, productive sites in Southwestern Pennsylvania can be a challenge.

So I have been reverting to sites I have hit many times, and even the fringes of unharvested fields I have hit many times.

Here are recent finds from the fringes of an uncut bean field that I have hit many times.
_20181120_200633.JPG

I don't normally get excited about four hole buttons, but I thought this one was pretty cool.
Liverpool Button.JPG

And here are Sunday's finds from a site I have hit many times that has produced a number of early buttons and a couple Draped Bust large cents as well as a lot of IHPs and later items
Drawer Pull 3.JPG

A nice example of a drawer pull assembly with the post and escutcheon. Usually you find the escutcheon or the post, but not the two together.
Drawer Pull 1.JPG Drawer Pull 2.JPG _20181126_200913.JPG

Coins were scarce this time but at least I got one IHP :laughing7:
IHP Front.JPG IHP Back.JPG

I will keep trying until the ground is frozen solid :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
Upvote 38

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its more about the hard work leading up to the find than the actual find its self. A good example would be finding a silver half in a coin star reject slot vs finding that same coin in a jar buried a foot deep. The coins value is the same in either case but the find that was dug has way more meaning! Congratulation on some real cool recoveries!:occasion14:

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. Your in the right path for a amazing find that’s for sure! [emoji16][emoji106]

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve - sooner or later you'll put your coil over something fantastic! Always darkest before the dawn.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Never pulled a complete drawer pull set. That’s an accomplishment. Hey man, our hunts can’t all be winners. I try and stay optimistic during dry spells but sometimes it can be difficult. I remember once I was aggravated because I was not finding a thing. I said to myself “you never know what’s in the next hole” to cheer myself up. Next hole was an 18th century coin spill with three silver and two coppers. Anywho, you know what I’m saying. Good luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions