I have been out, what a rush! Update on pipe.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I recently have been detecting, but thought you may be a little sick of my rusty crusty's. (Have no fear, I took pictures of today's ;)) I hit a field today where a 1800's farm used to be. I only had an hour, found some neat old relics, a corn cutter thingy, an old bushing, half a horse shoe (my favorite field find), few other junky pieces. Well An hour and a half later had to go before my Hubby sent out the calvery :D.

Came home fed the working boys, just had to play a little more, so I hit the yard. Yup got a few nails, a 1980 dime, then.............I started to dig a hole and here comes my treasure seeking dog to help me dig the hole ::), she has never showed interest in helping me dig before, so together we dug a STANDING LIBERTY quarter!!!! It's real worn, but it's my very first silver coin find, what a rush! I was jumping and screaming I did it, I did it! :-[ To heck with it I was tickled pink! YEAH!

As far as I can figure it is 1917-1924, it does have the stars below the eagle and if it was recessed date I wold think you'd still be able to see it.

The pipe and perfume bottle cap came out of the crawl space under my 1870 home. I did not picture the rusty crusty nails and window latch, man there were allot of nails. Yup I crawled around in there with my vibra probe in the dirt ::). It was fun, what can I say, the guys opened it up and I am addicted, so crawl I did :D.

Man am I pumped!

P.S. Ty thought it appropriate we display the coin on the peach :D, kids!

Attachments

• silver! 005.JPG
    silver! 005.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 1,201
  • silver! 003.JPG
    silver! 003.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,187
  • silver! 004.JPG
    silver! 004.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,180
  • silver! 001.JPG
    silver! 001.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,178
  • silver! 002.JPG
    silver! 002.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,176
Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I did think it was nice of her to reply and was interesting to learn more about the pipes. I tend to agree it is late 1800's from the other things I am finding in there.

That foot ball pipe is neat, any idea on age?

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
minelab ex 2, wot,and joey coils, garrett deepseeker,whites 6000 di pro
great job kim, i love the pipe...and what can you say about..."wil..ver"!!! im sure the slq is just a first of many other silver coins that you will pull out of the ground as time goes on...... :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread