Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all can thank a certain few for me deleting my post entitled "...have something to say," regarding the validity of photos and others opinions on them.

I started that topic to inject thought in those that are quick to call a photo a treasure sign, and to possibly convince some that not everything you see is a treasure sign. What started as a healthy discussion, quickly turned into a medium for insulting each other and completely off topic.

If you would like to continue the debate that I started, feel free to start another post, but you will NOT use my posts to bash each other. I gave everyone an opportunity to stop and no one listened.

OP
OP
Kiros32

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dsty,

I respect this hobby as much or more than anyone, and if I was to find something that I believed was a legitimate treasure sign, I would more than likely pursue it. However, if I found something that I thought was a treasure sign and I posted a photo of it for others to comment on, I want them to tell me that its just a rock or a stick, etc, not just humor me. The reason I started that previous thread was in response to those that tend to "humor" people rather than telling them the truth.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dam KR2,

Looks like I missed this one completely.

You are 100% correct when you say that there are those that think every marker or monument is a treasure sign. In a manner of speaking, that is true. Every REAL marker or monument is a treasure. An historical treasure. There aren't too many actual treasure signs.

I know everybody wants to be Indiana Jones, but it's not likely to happen. People who have spent many years researching the subjects of Spanish Colonial History AND Treasure Hunting, haven't struck the motherlode. A few have, but in the 200 or so years that people have been hunting for hidden Spanish Treasure, there have not been more than a few who have struck it rich. The odds aren't in your favor.

You can increase your odds by knowing things like where the Spanish were, and where they weren't, what signs and monuments meant what, where they had gold mines, and where they didn't. Research and boot leather. That's all you need (that, and copious amounts of luck).

Best-Mike

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I'd say your point was made Kiros! haha.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had to do the same thing, got to the point I was so aggravated with the highjacking of the original post, I just said screw it.. true colors come out and sometimes you see folks for how they really are, or rather how they appear to be sitting behind a computer monitor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread