I have never found a silver coin

Lacomo

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only been MDing a couple weeks and I have never found a silver coin. Today I thought that had all changed. I had been MDing about an hour around a very old house place that had a rundown mobile home on it. I had been digging about an hour, digging nothing but junk, and had given up and was walking back to my truck when I saw the ribbed edge of a very large silver looking coin. I just knew it was a silver dollar and my heart was racing as I bent over to pick it up. I was very disapointed to see that it was as light as a feather and possably made out of aluminum. It's some kind of token that was made by General Mills advertising the 1998 Olympics. The modern silver is for size reference. coin.jpg

Upvote 0

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Detect all over my area and the most silver I have found at one place was my own yard. Two Mercs and a 54 Quarter. Keep searching and they will come. Make sure you know what your detector is telling you as well. The last one I found was with my SE Pro and that's because I was digging everything it sounded on trying to learn the numbers. Good luck.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread