Some Good Firsts for 5/04/05 (Updated)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey people, what a day it started slow. I went to the Old School in the small town 2 minutes away called Burdett. Got a quarter signal and dug a big hole with my little digger about a 1 1/2 ' long, 8" deep, and 4-5" wide, just to find a big nail in the side of the hole with my pinpointer. Then found some modern pennies, and then this tab with a shield on one side and a 10 on the other I have no idea what it is. I continued searching and found a modern quarter sometime after I found more modern pennies. I then R.U.N.N.O.F.T to the Old Park 2 blocks away.

At the Old Park I found a 3 1/2 " copper pipe, some modern pennies and a dime next to the swings.? Then went over to the Marry-go-round, found a bottom of a beer can and my FIRST RING at 4" . Then someone I kinda know came over and said hello. I searched some more, she said she used to hunt and found 4 merc's in one hole... Anyway. We talked and I searched some more and found a toy car almost at the surface, you could just see the top of the car. Then I got some quarter signals at 4 inches dug a plug and did not see anything got the pinpointer and it sounded right at the bottom of the hole dug up the dirt and out pops my FIRST COIN CACHE in one hole 2 modern quarters and a nickle. Not silver but still more than one modern penny, right? Well, I think that is all HH!!

Here are the pictures, please tell me if you know what the little tab is.

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 427
  • oldpark&school 003.jpg
    oldpark&school 003.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 473
  • oldpark&school 002.jpg
    oldpark&school 002.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 471
  • oldpark&school 004.jpg
    oldpark&school 004.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 474
  • oldpark&school 005.jpg
    oldpark&school 005.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 470
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 433
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Re: Some Good Firsts for 5/04/05

MUD, you the Man. That ring looks to be 14 carat at least and the stones look real. Good job on the coins too. Just one thing though son. Did ya ask her out or what. And where is her Pic. LOL great finds. HH

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice indeed!!! great job MUD

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois

Very nice finds.. WTG on your first ring.. There is no feeling quite like it.. I'm rooting for ya Mud.. I hope you find the motherload.. HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's great MUD......... :o Love that ring! :o

Nana

B

Broncox Vernon BC

Way to go!!, I knew it wouldn't take long. Persistence payed off!.
That token looks like it might be from a game of some kind..........did I read the word play on it?

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats MUD Very nice finds and glad you got your first ring!!

Twister

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Grats on that first ring,Mud.It's a nice find Plus the other finds.HH

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2

Great finds MUD and congrats on the ring. Keep on diggin and the old coins will soon turn up. Did you ask her to go digging with you sometime?

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Nice digs mud. It looks like a play coin from the 50's. I have found similar aluminum coins the size of a dime. May have come out of a kids game or something. Nice ring. Did it check out to be real gold. Looks real good. Keep on diggin man.

HH Jer

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice haul!

Keep on diggin!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AAARRRRRRRRR! Thank you all for your replies. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is the ring is not solid gold, its only plated with some kind of plating, probably not even real gold plating and with no inner markings. The stones don't seem to scratch glass so they are fake as well. The good news is its not steel, and its not magnegtic.

As for the game token, that most of you think is a game token. I just don't have any idea so whatever you guys say I will go with.

Thank you all for looking and responding, any tips or tricks welcome. BTW HH!!

dobbin

Feb 10, 2005
Heartland

Its definitely a play coin MUD. I found a play dime in our neighbor's yard. Mine is marked "Uncle Sam Play Dime 1957" one one side with the identical shield on the other.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

Way to go MUD, even though it's gold plated, I'm sure it was a thrill! You'll find the real one, just keep goin! HH

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado

Hey Mud you doing fine bud, keep up the great work. See you are getting better every day. And that fake coin is a collectors item. How many people you know have them now? You gotta dig the history! And oh well how bout a pic i ran across!..

Attachments

• 1 069.jpg
    1 069.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 224

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread