I hurt myself...or.....I dug my first silver....UPDATE!!

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug my very first silver coin tonite. It was the first hit of the night, in my yard. I have hunted the heck out of my yard!!!! It was not in the plug I dug. It was left in the wall of the plug hole. I figured it was another dang wheaty.

Not tonite!! I dug in easly and pulled it out in the dark!!. I showed it to my kid, did a little dance and when I ran out of his room, I kick his shoe that was up against the door frame and jammed my right pinky toe. D4mn it that hurt, but, it can not dull my excitement. Tomorrow I am throwing all his crap away because of my toe...and the swelling.

10:45 pm
1942 merc!!! First Merc....First silver coin. Downside to it is that I put a couple scratches on it with the digger even though I was being gentle. Thanks for looking.

The toe on the left is the busted one. There is a little bruising, but, it doesn't look as bad in full sun as it does in the house. Please don't make fun of my toes, as, running around in shoes today is areal nuisance....but, AT LEAST I FOUND THE SILVER!!
Laater...

10:54 pm
Just now dug up my first 20 Centavo = 1963!!!! This was in a hole I hit a couple of nites ago, but, never did find the coin until tonite!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

As of 11:26pm
1 more wheat
1 more memorial
and 3 pulltabs

Attachments

• BrokenToeSmall.jpg
    BrokenToeSmall.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I hurt myself...or.....I dug my first silver....

HI HO SILVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you didn't break it.. Broke one 3 years ago it hurt....

Attachments

• THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 649
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 654

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had an interesting night. I suggest you get
yourself a probe. That will help stop loosing the coins in the
hole you dig and get you more finds. Also with more finds maybe
you will not have to do so much dancing and do more digging. haha

Really a pinpointer would be a good investment. What kind of a
detector are you using? I use a ACE 250 with a SunRay Probe.
I have dug coins out at 12" but needed the probe to pinpoint the
coin.

HH< Ringfinder

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
W,

silver is always nice.

Poor pinky toe. ;D It will be better in the morning ;)

have a good un................

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You'll always remember your first silver, Will. I still can remember the silver dance I did when I dug up my first silver...it was a 1942 merc, too. :)

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all... I am soooo happy I could dance again, but, alas, I have but one pinky toe left. :( Oh well! My current pinpoint method is so close that I am striking my finds. When I no longer have a beep in the hole I grab handful of dug soil and hand scan it while the machine sits on the ground. Then I just sift through the handful of soil that beeps. I now need to go back to digging somewhat larger holes like when I first started. Amazing how that works, huh? Well, I will get a pinpointer and I sooo love digging at night. Very peaceful and cool.....

Right now I am using my Discovery 1100, because, Radio Crack is shagging me around about getting my 3300 back from repairs. That is a good machine believe it or not. I can get at least 10" readings strong in dry soil with that...

Thanks!! I was hooked before the silver. I am just hooked deeper now. ::)

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Hey congratulations that is one awesome find. My first silver was a Merc too. Love that design. Will be the first for many of you.

Rev

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS and X-Terra 50
Congratulations, finding that first silver coin is a great feeling. My first one was a merc to. Hope you find a bunch more. WTG.

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's broken. Can't bend it and the bruising is here. Not too dark, but, oh well.....I GOT SILVER!!!!! Not like I haven't broken it before. The more times I break one the less it hurts each time....

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer
I so didn't need to see ur feet. thanks lol......................nice finds though.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your silver! Tsgman

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch! Sorry bout the toe Will. :-X But congrats on that silver! 8)

Nana :)

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dfxmatt said:
I so didn't need to see ur feet. thanks lol......................nice finds though.
Thanks matt. I will let my toes know to stay covered up ;D. No one makes a little patient's gown for toes :P :P

That pic was taken the day after. I was MDing the yard again only bare foot. Gotta stay hard, right?!! ::) ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread