I Joined Rehab!!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On November the 28th, after suffering three days of withdraws brought on by not having access to Tnet, I finally enrolled myself in a little know metal detecting and treasure hunting rehab program. To my surprise there were several other addicts already enrolled in the program, Lenny was from Idaho, Mel was from Long Island, Shirley was from Arkansas, and Ottis was from, well, he wouldn’t say on account that he still believed government secret agents were tracking his every move. “I’m the only one who knows where it’s at,” he would say, “and I’m certain one or more of them is in this group just waiting for me to spill the beans.” Ottis seemed like a good guy but it sure was difficult to hear him whispering through the nylon stocking he had stretched over his head from beneath his wooden chair.

I came to find out later that Ulla was from Romania. A sexy little blond vixen in her mid to late thirties, Ulla had all the looks and steam to drive most men absolutely crazy. Despite all warnings I decided to sit in one of the vacant chairs on both sides of Ulla only to learn moments later when my digital watched chimed on the hour that, in fact, Ulla had an extremely serious metal detecting addiction. That woman nearly took my left hand off at the wrist with the sharp digging tool she quickly yanked from her purse. A short while later I took notice that most of the married men in the meeting were missing their ring fingers.

Artie spent most of his time just dashing around from one random spot in the big room to the next, his right arm swinging wildly about, his head bobbing back and forth and an occasional “Beep-Beep” slipping from his breath. I learned later that Artie had fallen victim to a serious metal detecting infliction they called, “The Road Runner Disease”. Poor guy isn’t allowed in airports anymore. Yep, these are just a few of the fine folks I've met in my rehab group.

I heard tell in these meetings that Wolfman Jack use to be a member, which explains how he later went on to become one of America’s top DJ celebrities back in the 70’s & 80’s, eventually becoming famous for coining the phrase, “Can you dig it.” It’s nice to hear a few success stories like this as you’re sitting in that room with all those other people, it serves to instill the hope that someday you might be cured as well.

But I’m a long way from being cured, just today I drew up plans for a snowman with a detector, headphones, finds pouch, and long handled sand scoop. Plan on putting him right next to my sunbathing snow Angel, actually had to turn her face up and cut her pattern into the beach towel just to get the right effect. But I’ll keep going back to rehab, a lot of interesting folks and friendly support there, and who knows, maybe some day in the not too distant future, if Ulla ever gets cured, I might actually stand a chance?

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd only heard rumors...

I needed this group last week.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:
I'd only heard rumors...

I needed this group last week.

I hear they're in talks about possibly doing their own reality TV show? :laughing7:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i have almost beat the affliction called mditis it has been 4 months since i have been out but i am going to a 1830s house next week never been mded before we know where the cellar holes and 3 privys were at gonna be some digging will have to stop when it warms up there is a BIG rattle snake there they named him george that ok i see him my taurus judge will make quick work of him 44/410 no problem

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hey, that is a pretty good write-up :tongue3: I got a good chuckle out of it.

Ray

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it was only a dream, a very dreadful, horrible dream. I'm glad I finally woke up. LOL

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A sexy little blond vixen in her mid to late thirties, Ulla had all the looks and steam to drive most men absolutely crazy.

Be really really careful with this one!!!

Next time you might want to sneak in a pinpointer to see if here collection has grown any!!!

She Might be red,s deranged sister LOL

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's one guy that always sits in the corner by himself, legs crossed, arms folded, John Deer ball cap, squinty eyes, always rolling a toothpick around in his teeth. Not sure why, but everyone calls him, Recoil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread