Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently, I did a little bottle digging in a wooded
area of a permission.

Along the way I uncovered a wheel cover. It proved
to be from a '58 Desoto! I hadn't realized it was that old!

So, I just had to know if there might be 3 more of them
sitting there. There wasn't: :dontknow:

2017 (83).jpg

Pretty rare, I think, to find a thin glass bowl
like this one. With only one small chip missing.
After being buried for about half a century!

2017 (84).jpg

Bottom of one of the glasses. Is this one
of those premiums Texaco gave away
back in the day?

2017 (85).jpg
2017 (87).jpg
2017 (86).jpg

A lil religion. ;)

2017 (90).jpg 2017 (92).jpg

I suspect a play coin, but I can't prove it. :dontknow:
Always a surprise out there. :)

2017 (88).jpg

These were actually in the dirt inside one
of the glasses! LOL

2017 (89).jpg

Blingie seems pleased enough.

Thanks for peeking folks!

Upvote 21

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find I would be looking for the Desoto. I found an old corvette hub cap all mashed up I'm sure many collectors or people restoring a Desoto might pay well for that Thanks for sharing it!!!!Tommy

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find I would be looking for the Desoto. I found an old corvette hub cap all mashed up I'm sure many collectors or people restoring a Desoto might pay well for that Thanks for sharing it!!!!Tommy

Thanks!
I did do a lil looking for the car too. ;) And, yeah, this would save some restorer Some time. I was most impressed at the condition. Especially after sitting, buried. in a dump for most of a half century! A simple wash & a bit of polish and this would be ready for any car!

I'm not actively searching to sell ANYthing, but, if someone wanted this bad enough. Well, let's just say, I'm not a car buff. (or buffer ;) )

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The glass dish is amazing that it survived without breaking.It looks like an iridescent rim maybe carnival glass?

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The glass dish is amazing that it survived without breaking.It looks like an iridescent rim maybe carnival glass?

Yeah, I know! Others' who have dug for glass will appreciate just how difficult that would be. I just kept scraping and this piece of glass just kept getting bigger and bigger! I was truly impressed at the fortitude of this poor little bowl!

I don't think this is truly carnival glass, unless they made them in solid colors too. But, I did come across some broken carnival glass in the same area.
I suspect I'll be back there a couple times, even though bottle digging isn't my forte'. It does make for an interesting change of pace. Quite a bit of work but still. :)

Thanks!

Ima digger

Apr 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think the clear glass with the star is a canning jar lid. The jars had wire bails, and the wire would come up and hold the glass lid in place. Is there a dent in the star, in the center? that's where the bail would be held, if I'm right. Ima digger

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the interesting hunt! :occasion14: You have the most fun posts! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the clear glass with the star is a canning jar lid. The jars had wire bails, and the wire would come up and hold the glass lid in place. Is there a dent in the star, in the center? that's where the bail would be held, if I'm right. Ima digger

You are correct. One of the glass seals does have a Star. But, the one I think is from Texaco, a star in the middle of a horseshoe looking thing, is a glass cup.

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread