I just made my 1st purchase of a metal detector..The Bounty Hunter Time Ranger.

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
Well after several days of reading about metal detectors and having many friendly people on this forum give me suggestions, I decided to visit a company that sold metal detectors in my area so I could actually see them firsthand and in person. I wound up going with the new Bounty Hunter Time Ranger { it was between that or the Tesoro Vaquero} because it seemed to have many nice features and I was able to get it brand new for $379.99 and it came with many other accessories like a 4" sniper coil, headphones, pin point detector..etc..etc....

It feels good to have now made the decision and I hope I made a good decision and thanks to everyone who gave me advice. Im sure it will take me a few weeks to get the knack of this unit but for the price, it seems to offer alot of features along with a nice 5 year warranty.

KenPa

Apr 7, 2006
Easton, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I don't know much about the machine but Good Luck to you. Sounds like you will be happy with the machine

OP
OP
R

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
thanks Tony for all your help...Im sure its gonna take me a few weeks to get it down to a science but from the reviews Ive read, it seems this detector offers alot for under $400 and I think this new version detector may be a merge between Bounty Hunter technology and Fisher technology....

OP
OP
R

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
Its looking like this isnt a very popular or widely owned detector from the few responses Ive gotten. Hoep I didnt make a mistake by choosing this detector over the Tesoro Vaqueros. Oh well, Ill know soon enough if this detector lives up to some of the good reviews I read online. Supposedly it is the cadillac version in the Bounty Hunter line and it was $100 less the the Tesoro model I was gonna buy.

OP
OP
R

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
The price was right { for me} and it had many nice features and I liked the reviews I read on it. Of course, since it has alot of features, it may take a bit of time to get it down to a science but im sure some of those features arent needed to find the good stuff. It boiled down to it being either a Time Ranger or the Tesoro Vaqeuros because I wanted manual ground balance and didnt want to spend more then $500.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Rumme,

Regardless of what kind of replies you get, a detector is a detector, period. Its the user that makes it something special.
I for one am a supporter of Bounty Hunter, and think you got a good machine. Just take the time to get to know it, and don't get frustrated.

Good luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread