54.5 KB · Views: 77

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are suffering from extreme cold too, way below normal so don't feel bad.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not much better in pa

toda.jpg gus.jpg

days are getting longer, Average Normal Lows should start rising
in a perfect world :(

that is if the sun they keep calling for ever actually does peak out.
yesterday I could have used the Pea soup phrase to describe the weather

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm living in denial here in Tennessee. I'm staying in woodshop, making toy boxes and looking at the sunny 80+ degree weather outside while I put another log on the wood burner!!!! Don't burst my bubble anybody!!!!!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean.......65 right now on my back porch. But last night it was 45!! That keeps up I won't be able to wear shorts anymore.:laughing7:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey! Texas looks like New York this week. But then we'll look about the same 40 days from now and you'll likely be much better.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya Limitool, you can crank the wood burner up to 80 !

Outside we won't get above freezing for the next week!

Time for "alternatives" !

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
All the global warming is responsible for this cold snap. Just saying, don't make it political.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ODFB, (hope you don't mind the abbreviation) I lived in central Texas from 1942 until 2007. I can remember playing outside on Christmas Day without a jacket, never saw a white Christmas in Texas. Also going out 'trick or treating' at Halloween with a heavy coat one year, and maybe it would be so hot you could hardly stand to have a mask on your face the next. I've seen 109 F and I've seen -11 around Waco. Here in Idaho, I've seen -13 and 111 F. I'm about 40 miles west of Boise, about 3200 feet elevation, and normal moisture for the year is between 6 and 9 inches. Most of our moisture comes from snow melt in the mountains. We're expecting the temps to be in the 40s for the rest of the week! Lost a lot of the snow yesterday that was on the ground from Christmas Eve.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
7 degrees here right now. I'm dreaming of warm sunshine and sandy beaches, ice cold beers and fried chicken. Good thing I got a ton of work to keep me sane. :laughing7:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will trade you. You can have this wonderful single digit weather we have up here in northern Pa.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm about 30 miles from you in north SA. Played golf at River Crossing today, but another arctic front on the way tomorrow so I guess we'll have another 2 days of cold. Lived here all my life, loved the 13" snow in the mid 80's. We never have a real winter, just a few days of cold. It was
61* today at the course. Used to love Canyon Lake, but scuba, fishing days are over. MDing too pretty much. Just an old fart hacking up a golf course now, retired from public school teaching. Some good hunting places away from that lake. All the old trails led into San Pedro Springs. Apacheria and later Comancheria. Lots of artifacts along the old creeks. Good luck hunting...

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm about 30 miles from you in north SA. Played golf at River Crossing today, but another arctic front on the way tomorrow so I guess we'll have another 2 days of cold. Lived here all my life, loved the 13" snow in the mid 80's. We never have a real winter, just a few days of cold. It was
61* today at the course. Used to love Canyon Lake, but scuba, fishing days are over. MDing too pretty much. Just an old fart hacking up a golf course now, retired from public school teaching. Some good hunting places away from that lake. All the old trails led into San Pedro Springs. Apacheria and later Comancheria. Lots of artifacts along the old creeks. Good luck hunting...

Haha, damn.

Austin, every time you post I wonder more and more how many times we have rubbed elbows in passing.

Spent a lot of time near River Crossing, back when it was known as "The Rebecca Creek Golf Course".

Quit following me! Haha!

~Tejaas~

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather man on weatherbug must've been on crack... we haven't had those temps yet.
Maybe he did that to get me all rauwled up. Yesterday was perfect for anything outside.
Maybe those temps are gonna be NEXT week... hope not.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather man on weatherbug must've been on crack... we haven't had those temps yet.
Maybe he did that to get me all rauwled up. Yesterday was perfect for anything outside.
Maybe those temps are gonna be NEXT week... hope not.

unfortunately they have been right here ever since we dropped below Freezing :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread