I know Im Crazy But. . . part 2

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I'm Crazy But. . . part 2

Well today after I dropped my son off at school my daughter fell asleep in the car so when I got home I put her in her room and grabbed the Prizm. As I mentioned in the post yesterday, I used the snow blower to remove about 1/3 of the snow in my backyard so I could do some detecting. Well I headed out with the prizm in one hand and a shovel in the other and began my search for buried treasure! Just a side note, It must have been really cold last night because, yesterday the ground wasn't frozen (insulated by the snow) but today, I wasn't so lucky. I made a couple of sweeps with the prizm III when it started to ring penny at 4 inches so I switched over to pin point mode and x'd over the spot. I dug down and there it was a penny! I filled that hole in and started again. not a minute later I got a signal for a Nickel at 6 inches (this was when I found that the ground decided to freeze over night) I could barely get the shovel in the ground but alas, I was able to dig down and sure enough there was a 1975 nickel right where the Prizm told me it would be!! I wound up after about 30 minutes of searching, with 9 cents (3 copper pennies 1 zinc penny and a nickel). I had to discontinue my search so that I could get ready to head off to work but the day was actually not that bad. The sun was actually shining and the wind wasn't blowing so the 20 degree weather was bareable. I do plan on doing a little looking tomorrow as well but we shall see (I have the day off).

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I know I'm Crazy But. . . part 2

I feel like such a Mush, complaining that it is cold here because it got to the 40-50's and we had drizzle. I don't know how you northerns do it!
But Atlas the sun is shinning today and it is back up to the 70's, the best part I am off tomorrow!

I really feel for you guys up north, and KUDOS to all that brave the cold to hunt.

Wishing you all sunny days.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good job! You're gonna be the only guy around with no snow in your yard and 10 feet of it in your driveway. ;D

T

treasurejack

toby,.....I bow my head! I have cabin fever so bad it's driving me nuts, but blowing snow and 20 degrees plus wind and frozen ground? Brrrrrrrr......you are the man! lol

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250

Hey kickergirl , don't feel to sorry for us frozen folks . When it's 110 in the shade there you can kick back in the AC + read our posts because it'll be a nice 75 or so here . HH

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

It's lame, but I gotta.......

Toby, sounds like you found yourself some real burrrried treasure there! :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread