I know this is the "RANT ON EBAY" forum but this post is on the post office.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is the "RANT ON EBAY" forum but this post is on the post office.

This is now the second time this has happened to me in one month.

I live in an apartment and they have a community set of lock boxes.

1st time, a month ago. I get two ebay orders fill them and then slide them way into the back of my mail box. That way when the carrier (who opens the mailboxes from the back side) sees them and pulls, scans and gets then on their way. No problem with my regular mail man, he knows me by my first name. But, when he is out a substitute guy/gal does his route. This sub ignores my packages and stuffs my mail on top. When I check my mail I see the boxes and now I have to make a special trip to the PO. I ask for the postmaster and finally after insisting for the postmaster this lady comes from the back. She gives me the impression she is the PM. I explain and she says this is a new sub driver and he is not taught to pick up mail. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to teach someone to pick up mail that is neatly stuck in their face? She told me she would teach him to do this. Not a good answer but what could I do, they are all union.

2nd time yesterday. Same thing. I now make another trip to the PO (I guess it is called that because I get POed at them) and again ask for the postmaster. This time a suit comes up front. I tell him I asked for the PM, he says he is. I asked why the lady gave me the impression she was. He could not answer. (I now knew she was just keeping him from the complaint, probably her job) I now explain to Mr. Suit and tie. He asked me if I pre-scheduled a pick up. WHAT ???? I have never had to do that. So basically it was my fault the sub driver didn't do his job.

Now another story, I will try and keep short. I posted this a couple years ago.

I ordered a book for a class my wife was taking. It came with a CD. The mailman folded the book in half to make it fit and broke the spine on the book. I called the postmaster and explained. What do you think the first words were out of her mouth?

I am so sorry. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

she said "did you have it insured?"

So it was my fault that I did not insure it. That was as far as it went because I asked her for her boss's number and she refused. I called the book seller and he immediately sent a new copy in a big box. Now that is good customer service.
============================
one hour ago I put three orders in my mail box, came back to my computer and filled out their lengthy PICKUP request form and got a message. I can not request pick up on the same day. But looking at their web page I can request a pickup four months from now.
============================
Rant over............... ;)

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I feel for you. But if you want something done right, don't do it with the govt.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Did you put up the mailbox indicator showing that you had packages to take? If you didnt do that or schedule a pickup how are they supposed to know that you left them to be shipped? I assume they think you didn't pick up your mail yesterday. They cant just take packages unless you tell them to otherwise they would be taking peoples mail all the time and recirculating it and people would be on these forums complaining that the PO took their mail.

Last edited:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would bet your regular mail person knows your routine and knows what to do. I can always tell when there is a sub instead of 10am mail delivery it around 3 or 4 pm.

By the way did you submit all the forms to post on TN, if not I am not reading your post until you do so. However please let me know 2 days in advance when you are going to post to a thread.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way did you submit all the forms to post on TN, if not I am not reading your post until you do so. However please let me know 2 days in advance when you are going to post to a thread.

yes, I did in triplicate! you may now read my post but you can not read any other responses until your forms are approved.
oh, never mind I see you are full of beans. ;)

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And it's not just the P.O., IT'S EVERYWHERE! Good Customer Service is becoming extinct. I have learned to never mark a package FRAGILE because those are the ones that get damaged. Since I have stopped marking any package fragile, about 3 years ago, I have not had anything broken. I just make sure it is packaged well to start with. Thank goodness we can still get good help from most metal detector companies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread