I know

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I know.... I know.... I KNOW! At least I got out. The day was beautiful. It was early and no one to bother me. I went to three different areas in a local park. The playground yielded nothing. Not even a penny. The next area yielded a few pennies. The last area did give me a quarter, a dime and a few pennies but...... dog gone it! It would be nice to find some good stuff. Here I am reading about a 2 ring day and a 3 ring day. Someone else found a beautiful gold chain with a cross. **SIGH** My total for the morning was 42 cents in clad with one of the pennies being a Canadian penny. My big find of the morning..... a Gerber baby spoon. OK OK I got out. I'll take it but watch out next time... I am due for something special and it's going to be good! Is that positive thinking or what? :wink:

JunknMoney112608.jpg

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Atleast the spoon is cute! :thumbsup: I am glad you got out and I think you are right, you are due for a special find for sure! Hang in there pretty lady! ~hugs~

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would find it very difficult to (in your position), but as you say, things will change for the better but only if you grit your teeth and keep on going!

dAUg19.3

Greenie
Oct 26, 2006
Cold Cold Minnesota
It sounds like one of my typical days. But the real treasure
find is just getting outside, breathing fresh air, and finding
stuff. Even if it isn't really good stuff.
dAUg

kevo

Mar 2, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
lol hahaha. Look at the bright side, you removed a few tabs for the next unlucky detectorist. But like it was already said, it feels great getting outside and getting some physical activity in along with the fresh hair. Heck, this hobby will add years to our lives!! btw, I have had worse days. I've been hunting this old farm where I have pulled up GREAT finds, but depending on which field I tried determined my finds. I searched around 8 hours in over 90 degree heat trying to find an old home site only to discover I was on the wrong side of the creek ;) lesson learned.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you got out mumszie. The exercise and peacefulness alone was worth it.

Hit those school fields too if you can..more than likely there's a few rings and a bunch of coins there, just waiting for someone to find them.

HH,
Nat

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
They do not allow you to hunt at the schools here. If you are lucky enough to "know" someone then you can get away with it. I live right behind a high school and have to put up with the band practicing almost every night. I have to put up with the bright field lights coming through my bathroom window and into the bedroom (until I blocked the window) but will they allow me to hunt? NO They said it is a security precaution. I under stand it because of the way things are now days but.... I've offered to never go when school is in session or any events are going on but still they said NO. I am not allowed on the property to do any MD'ing. **sigh** I read about all the great stuff some of you gng's find at schools but ... here.... not allowed. :'(

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, MUM!

Great that you got out to hunt! ;D I got up leaves all day. :(

Nana :wink: