worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I was involved with changing deck heights on the mower and forgot to take my camera with me in the field,danged if I didn't see FIVE blue herons standing in a row on a log in the swamp when I went by..don't know if I'll ever get another shot like that again.

I went back and got it and started mowing again..glad I did,this dove just sat there giving me a nice pose.:laughing7:

K1600_DSCN4389.JPG

K1600_FSCN4400.JPG

I got back home and checked on stuff around the yard,last time I saw a Black Swallow Tail Butterfly larva was 30 years ago..they sure like parsley,now I'll wait till it goes into pupa stage and bring in inside to hatch out.

DSCN4370.JPG

Them horns are stinky poo.

DSCN4395.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the photos Chris. The caterpillar is awesome! We get the yellow and black ones here that turn into the orange and black Monarch Butterfly. They love Milkweed.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the photos Chris. The caterpillar is awesome! We get the yellow and black ones here that turn into the orange and black Monarch Butterfly. They love Milkweed.

I have 35mm photos of them from egg--to butterfly I took long ago,the gold on their chrysalis is so awesome!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like a dang tomato worm. Last I grew some tomatoes those caterpillars were all over them. I didn't use insecticides, I'd just go out in the morning and evening and cut em half with a pair of scissors and all kinds of fluid would run out of those buggers.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably the best opportunity of a great photo in my life was when I didn't have a camera with me, lol. I know what you mean:laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics Chris!! The catapiller is awesome, but the profile shot on that dove is truly excellent!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions