I love it when...

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You crack open a nice box of dimes to find this

image-3284540865.jpg

It just lets you know that your time was already worth while. You get to enjoy the rest of the box knowing that there is still 49 rolls of possible silver. I found one more silver in this box. A 64 and a 56.

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
You do realiZe this was not helpful AT ALL right? Lol

I didn't have time to say which coin it was as I was about to leave for school. It's the one circled (open the picture to enlarge it):

Attachments

• image-3284540865.jpg
    image-3284540865.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't mean anything without the date. I find tons that look like that and most are 2000's.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And without the OP posting results I would guess it was probably not what was originally thought.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
And without the OP posting results I would guess it was probably not what was originally thought.

I agree.. I have found tons of "Enders" that end up being clad... It is crazy how different coins can look simply because of lighting..

OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok look at the earlier posts. I did go back and say which one it was. Yes it was in fact an ender. I did not post this thread until I was completely finished with the box. As I said the box produced two silvers: a 64, and a 56 (ender). what possible reason would I have to lie about a simple ender? These are my exact words from my first post: "I found one more silver in this box. A 64 and a 56." Why would I predict that the box will produce two silvers before I even touch the rolls? I guess next time I should just take a video of me opening the roll with the ender to avoid any discrepancy? I mean seriously. Next time please read the earlier posts before accusing me of lying.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok look at the earlier posts. I did go back and say which one it was. Yes it was in fact an ender. I did not post this thread until I was completely finished with the box. As I said the box produced two silvers: a 64, and a 56 (ender). what possible reason would I have to lie about a simple ender? These are my exact words from my first post: "I found one more silver in this box. A 64 and a 56." Why would I predict that the box will produce two silvers before I even touch the rolls? I guess next time I should just take a video of me opening the roll with the ender to avoid any discrepancy? I mean seriously. Next time please read the earlier posts before accusing me of lying.

Before you get your panties in wad the post was not directed at you. Sag had drawn a circle around the possible dime and I responded that I had seen tons like that which were not silver.

The post about no results was which by the way was a mere statement, not accusatory nor anything else.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Geez.... a lot of pissy responses.....All the guy did was post a simple picture of a silver rosie that he found in a box.

Congrats man...nice finds

This will probably get a lot of you going: Why is it called the ender..if its the first coin you see in the roll?....shouldn't it be the starter?

OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Before you get your panties in wad the post was not directed at you. Sag had drawn a circle around the possible dime and I responded that I had seen tons like that which were not silver.

The post about no results was which by the way was a mere statement, not accusatory nor anything else.

First of all I'm not mad. I just don't like to be accused of being a liar. You post said that the coin was not and ender, and because I had not posted about which coin it actually was. I did post about which coin it was long before you posted. Also the ender was so obviously a silver that even a first time hunter would not of had any doubt in their mind that it was silver. However, The picture was of poor quality so you quickly jumped to the conclusion that it was not a silver, and that I had gotten it wrong and chose to shy away from admitting it.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Geez.... a lot of pissy responses.....All the guy did was post a simple picture of a silver rosie that he found in a box.

Congrats man...nice finds

This will probably get a lot of you going: Why is it called the ender..if its the first coin you see in the roll?....shouldn't it be the starter?

Lol, probably the same reason they call it a driveway, why, we park on it, shouldn't it be called a parkway? HH, Maverick.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Doesn't mean anything without the date. I find tons that look like that and most are 2000's.

The way it reflects light is different and that may have well been it. If you find 'tons' like that, I feel pretty bad for you. If I see an ender, heads or tails, I know AG when I see it, and I'm sure sag does as well. Your eyesight must be going Freedom.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol, probably the same reason they call it a driveway, why, we park on it, shouldn't it be called a parkway? HH, Maverick.

It's an ender because it's on the end of a roll, whether on the top or bottom.

jwkow

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the picture has pretty bad lighting. It kinda turned out o be a "spot the ender" game.
I read a book called Enders Game, never realized it had anything to do with CRH. Can't wait for the movie now!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all I'm not mad. I just don't like to be accused of being a liar. You post said that the coin was not and ender, and because I had not posted about which coin it actually was. I did post about which coin it was long before you posted. Also the ender was so obviously a silver that even a first time hunter would not of had any doubt in their mind that it was silver. However, The picture was of poor quality so you quickly jumped to the conclusion that it was not a silver, and that I had gotten it wrong and chose to shy away from admitting it.

Show me where I called you a liar please and when I posted I believe the only thing on the OP was the box and a statement about finishing it later.
Tons of dimes look like silver when you view them from the obverse or reverse when they indeed are not. I can assure you that I do know
what a silver dime looks like and I can bet that I have done my fair share. I mentioned the date only because that is the only sure way to tell if you
have an ender in a dime box.

I also did not say the coin WAS NOT an ender, I said the only way to tell is look at the date.

Happy Hunting.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel like I am watching/listening/whatever a bad game of tennis. Eessh, it was a bad picture, lets leave it at that. Did you find any more silver dimes in the box? I hope so.

Sincerely, Garoulady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
ohh now that would be neat. Extreme tennis or golf, all the thrills of hockey and football without the monotoned announcers! LMAO.

See ya,
Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread