I love my Etrac

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Hi guys
I got my new Etrac last Wednesday and the next day I took it out to a ball feild that I have pounded hard this year and, got a nice little merc.
I thought it was a 45 but when I got the dirt off it I found out it was a 41
with full split bands.
Tonight I had a little time after work and, popped on the 6 inch coil to reach through
the tons of pull tabs and, trash.
I was walking along thinking how quiet and peaceful the night was and, thinking back to the silver and wheaties and, silver st judes medal I had got from this field this year.
Then I got that nice high tone and saw the numbers read 12/30 I thought it was going to be another screw cap but it locked hard and would not budge off the numbers. I have not had it long enough to know all the goodies but I had to dig it anyhow.
One great think about this Etrac it pinpoints super tight so I cut a nice little 3 inch plug about 5 inches and, flopped the plug back. I look into the hole and do not see anything so, I check the hole again and it screams at me. I take the knife and start to dig into the sides of the plug to make it a little deeper being very careful not
to poke right into the center of the plug. I pop put a little dirt from the side and, see
the glint of gold. Not thinking it was a ring, but another one of those pull tabs with a yellow hue to it like I had dug 6 of them already tonight.
Then as if in slow motion I see the dirt fall out of the center of the ring. :o I set the knife down and poke the rest of the dirt free and sure enough ;D it was a gold ring. Now, this is a "big" wedding band it fits on my thumb ;D. I rub all the dirt off and, now start to look for the marking :D and, there is was 14kt.
Now, I did what I'm sure lots of you have done and stood up and did the happy dance. All the while saying " A -- ooo -Ah -Ah-Ah " " A-- ooo-Ah-Ah-Ah ";D
Here is the pic of the merc from then other day and, the "gold" from tonight.
All I can say is man I love my Etrac.!!
Thank you for reading I hope everyone has a great night.
hh
dan

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 348
  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on the Merc. That was my first find with my E-Trac, too. That ring is really cool. WTG!!! :thumbsup:

I love my E-Trac, too. And every day it keeps getting better and better as I learn what it is telling me.

The more you use it, the better tool it will be.

Good luck, and HH,

Dr. Ace

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! May I ask what brand you used prior to your Etrac?

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
From what I can tell it is mandatory to find a Merc on the first hunt with a new E-trac. The Merc was my first keeper that I found also. It was on my first day out with my new E-trac. I never knew that we are supposed to find a gold ring also? :icon_scratch:

Guess I should start digging those 12-30 signals again. I thought they were all junk, maybe not?

Great Job with the new machine, My E-trac never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks for posting,

HH,
Dave

OP
OP
how u do n

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
I had been out of detecting on land for over 20 years.
The machine I used before on land was an old whites 5000
And my water machines are fishers 1280x.
I got back into it this year and started with a fisher cz-3d
it was a good machine but acted more like a cz5 so I sent it back to kellyco
and got my Etrac to replace the 3d.
Best move ever!!!!!!!
I forgot who fun it is to find stuff again ;D
Thank you all for your coments
hh
dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread