vpierceiii

Aug 2, 2018
Placerville CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I can’t believe my recent success. I just found a 1918 standing liberty quarter. It was just under the grass and about 20 yards from where I found a large cent the other day. It rang up as a 90-91 on my Manticore. This is awesome!!!
IMG_0301.jpeg
IMG_0303.jpeg

Upvote 50

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I can’t believe my recent success. I just found a 1918 standing liberty quarter. It was just under the grass and about 20 yards from where I found a large cent the other day. It rang up as a 90-91 on my Manticore. This is awesome!!!
View attachment 2111581 View attachment 2111582
Great find in good condition. I found my first a month ago. 1917 S. Very clear as well. I posted it on this site. I found it near a 1911 building. It’s a beautiful coin. Congratulations. A hard coin to find in that condition.

OP
OP
V

vpierceiii

Aug 2, 2018
Placerville CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done! Check it off your list.
That one took me a while to get for some reason.
Had barbers, reales, walkers, large cents in the past and finally got a standing liberty just last year.
It’s hard to find for sure. And congratulations to you too for finding yours.

OP
OP
V

vpierceiii

Aug 2, 2018
Placerville CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find in good condition. I found my first a month ago. 1917 S. Very clear as well. I posted it on this site. I found it near a 1911 building. It’s a beautiful coin. Congratulations. A hard coin to find in that condition.
Thank you. And congrats to you too.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful SLQ. Still on my bucket list.
Congrats on yours.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I so do love finding SLQ's. The chief problem is that...for me....they are often dateless. You win with a dated SLQ. Big Congrats!!!

kmk

Feb 4, 2016
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and APEX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is a very nice find, congrats!!

Gofish73

Aug 30, 2023
Gorgeous coin & a bonus it has a date!. Congrats!

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2111581 View attachment 2111582
Congratulations on your first one and I hope you find more. There are plenty to be found with clear dates I have a collection that were all dug. I have a couple no dates but they are mint marks. A few years ago I got a new coil for my Coinstrike hit this park I’ve detecting more times they I can count, but hidden by this rusty knife was two Standing Liberty Quarters. I saved the knife to🙃

OP
OP
V

vpierceiii

Aug 2, 2018
Placerville CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first one and I hope you find more. There are plenty to be found with clear dates I have a collection that were all dug. I have a couple no dates but they are mint marks. A few years ago I got a new coil for my Coinstrike hit this park I’ve detecting more times they I can count, but hidden by this rusty knife was two Standing Liberty Quarters. I saved the knife to🙃
Yeah I’m always amazed how things pop up. I hunted the property many times with my Nox 800 and missed that quarter as well as a large cent 20 yds away. Then I took my new manticore and found both coins on consecutive trips.
I think the next thing I buy will be the small coil for the manticore. Great machine once you learn it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions