I need a rescue here! The Eagles have landed!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, good way to go to jail here in Maryland. I saw two young fools rudely ejected by park police just by waving their arms at a pair of seagulls. I screamed, (yelled loudly, excitedly, while waving arms and approaching with that I'm going to get you look on my face) at a guy who accidentally hooked a cormorant near here a few years ago. We were fishing for big rockfish and he got a cormorant hooked in the leg, I said quite sternly in that deep, rumbling psychotic voice for him to reel it in slowly and I'd free it. He did, I took off my hat, put it over the bird's head and took my pliers and removed the hook and let it go. It was a win-win. He kept his $6.95 lure and the bird got its life back. I saw a MORON deliberately snap the line a few days before that when he hooked one the day before and you could see the pain on the birds face as it tried to swim away. It probably died. So if it ever happens again, after I get a pic of he person, follow him to his vehicle and call the cops, and file charges, if that doesn't work fast I guarantee you I'm going to go to jail myself if I ever see some fool do that again! And I'll make the scene from hell. You see, when you see an older lady fishing you know you're dealing with a real bad arse and better behave!

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
Cormorants? The most effective thing with them is Alka Seltzer. Split an anchove or grunion, tuck a piece of Alka Seltzer in it and chuck it to them. For some reason they can't burp so their gullet explodes. California has a fit if they catch you. I see it as a win win. No more cormorant, and the sharks get a free meal. One of my buddies was quite adept at turning seagulls inside out. He'd cast some anchove out, and just let the gull run with it until he couldn't keep all the line in the air. Close the bail and yank as hard as he could. Funny seeing the gull do an abrupt 180 and unload his innards. You can chuck pieces of anchove in the air until you get a cloud of gulls over you. then chuck a piece of Alka Seltzer.

To those of you who haven't dealt with comorants or the gulls leaving 2 or 3 inches of hard as rock poop on your boat, or getting a staph infection on your knuckles from scraping the poop. This might sound cruel. Naw it's just frustration.......... :laughing7:

Just to expand on what you said, I believe that’s a felony in CA as seagulls and cormorants are considered migratory and this makes it a serious no-no. Just to add to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread