Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Trond said:
Why are these mini bin-ladens in the US in the first place? :icon_scratch:
This link says they were studying at the Defense Language Institute English Language Center on Lackland. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/military_accounts_for_7_of_17_awol_afghans_96704329.html

Seven of 17 Afghan military officers and enlistees who went AWOL either while at Lackland AFB or shortly after leaving have come in from the cold.

Two are thought to have fled to Canada. Another became a permanent resident of the United States.

Four are in custody.

10 are at large.

“It's no surprise that individuals who come to the U.S. legally on visas decide to stay illegally,” said U.S. Rep. Lamar Smith, R-San Antonio, who wants Air Force and Department of Homeland Security leaders to give “a full briefing” to Congress. “But when those individuals are foreign military officers — with special access to military facilities — it creates a serious national security threat to American communities.”

The problem isn't isolated to Afghans. The Air Force said Friday three Iraqi military students had gone AWOL over the years from a Wichita, Kan., flight school and Air University at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, Ala

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, Marc's not really a 'moderator'. He's an 'administrator'. (as we all know) I understand his frustration and don't believe his remarks were wishin harm on innocent folks, but they could have been taken that way, I guess. Some of those guys look Indonesian. Our government devotes a lot of resources to snagging people who sneak across our borders and wax the floors of our shopping malls, so maybe they could take it to the next level and hook up these guys.

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
They are probably headed to Fremont, California, to join the other 10,000
Afghanistan residents there.

The US brought 350,000 Germans to the US during WW2, some escaped,
the last one was captured in 1985.

:)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Why are they not smiling? They look like mugshots taken with a Polaroid camera.

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
The strange thing is that I think I saw the 4th guy over just today. At a pow-wow in Lapwai, Idaho of all places. For some strange reason there were about 6 middle eastern men watching the dances. One of the guys looked a lot like the guy in picture 4. Although they were seated across the room. So I can't be sure.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems some share some asiatic features. Cleaned the pic up a little.

Attachments

• missing.gif
    missing.gif
    47.2 KB · Views: 269

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread