I Never Knew....

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having been born and raised in Lawrence, Kansas and living there off and on for the other 32 years, I never knew about this potentially fabulous Metal Detecting site.
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/mar/28/daisy-dozers-day-lore-surrounding-bygone-roller-co/

I'm sure that thousands of other places of this kind are disappearing in the older folks memories.
How do you go about finding these older folks and then have them reminisce about things like this?

Thanks for the advice!
Best Wishes,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, you need to hit it! :thumbsup:
Good hunting!

Scott

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
How do you go about finding these older folks and then have them reminisce about things like this?

I ask my barber in my small town. Usually, the shop is in it's 2nd or 3rd generation of barbers. These guys know everyone and hear lots of "past" things. I have learned that they love to talk.

DM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread