Upvote 0
OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I really want to get a full roll. Is this a good deal for 40% silver halves. $7.60 for 2.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, that's below face value for 40%. I've seen them selling for higher.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just find 40%ers in the wild. no need to buy them...

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I want to sell my silver in the meantime to increase my bankroll, but my mom won't let me. :/

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you have a voice, you are sovereign. I would stop telling your parents about your finds, dumps, ect, ect. Be more independant. ride your bike to the bank.

7 ~ is a good price for two 40%s. People usually get a way low ball price - or have to deal with shipping costs. If you are gettign 3.5 per coin - you should sell a few.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I walk to the bank in my town, small town, only a mile walk there, and a mile back. not the worse except when I carry multiple boxes in a back pack -___-
I'm going to stop telling my parents about my finds, my dad says I should get more for less effort, he thinks it's all easy ect.
My mom thinks I should just sell them and expand my bankroll ect..
Wicka

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you have a voice, you are sovereign. I would stop telling your parents about your finds, dumps, ect, ect. Be more independant. ride your bike to the bank.
Yah thats what I do. Ride my bike to the bank and carry everything in a backpack. My mom doesn't ask about my finds and dumps so long as I don't leave a huge mess behind me :)

Last edited:

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Yah thats what I do. Ride my bike ot the bank and carry everything in a backpack. My mom doesn't ask about my finds and dumps so long as I don't leave a huge mess behind me :)

If a bank in my town had a Coin Machine, I'd walk there, but the only machine around is a 15 minute drive, and since I don't have a car or license to drive, I have to get a ride every time to the dump bank... that's when my mom questions my finds after waiting 10 minutes for me to come back out ;D
Wicka

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
The problem is that to sell them I need a parent to come in with me and approve. -_- my dad thinks I should at least be able to sell enough to cover expenses (gas), so I think I'll just stop telling my mom and see what my da will let you because I have about $40 of silver I could sell to my local coin shop to increase my bankroll.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I have a car and drive myself to my local banks, and I will eventually go on an all day hunt like 20 miles out of town to hopefully produce an ounce or 2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread