I PAY CASH FOR BLACK SAND

stephenhansen2

Mar 10, 2014
Ferndale, WA
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i can get it by the 55 gallon drum. its from a minning outfit out of idaho. not sure if thats what ur looking for?

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still interested in black sand

i can get it by the 55 gallon drum. its from a minning outfit out of idaho. not sure if thats what ur looking for?
Sorry for the late reply stephen, been busy with life lol Really interested in at least 55 gallons of black sands to test a prototype I built. Lost my old email info but please contact me at [email protected]

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Im not sure that a pickup truck could handle a 55 gallon barrel of blacks sand! plus fuel / shipping costs for black sand would be real costly! i had several 5 gallon buckets of black sand and i couldn't lift a full bucket of it! BUT i am almost 68 years old , so maybe some of you young bucks could walk around with one???:)

stephenhansen2

Mar 10, 2014
Ferndale, WA
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big flatbed would just barely I'm thinking. It's been some time since your last post. Let me do so checking and make sure it's available still.

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may also want to look into LTL freight which is less than truckload freight. Most all trucking companies allow allow LTL shipping

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be one super heavy barrel. My 5 gallon buckets range between 90 and 120 pounds pounds each. You might want to check the weight rating: on the barrel to make sure it does not bust during shipment... Lol

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Willing to pay 50 cents a pound for raw black beach sand or left over black sand concentrates. Im in the process of building a prototype sluice box/ miller table combo and need black sands for testing. I pay for shipping as well. Call 479-857-4138
Needing black sand ASAP

Hey Reptwar1, you using mercury for micron gold extraction? It's something I've considered doing, however, you'd need such a large, consistent supply of black sands to keep an operation like that afloat.
Best of luck!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder only Charter Members can sell here.

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Reptwar1, you using mercury for micron gold extraction? It's something I've considered doing, however, you'd need such a large, consistent supply of black sands to keep an operation like that afloat.
Best of luck!

Thanks for checking to see if still available, and shipping concerns lol I may have to fly up and rent a Ryder truck to bring it back. And yes mercury will come into play towards the end of processing. May be wrong, but if I tumble black sand in cement mixer and use mercury on bottom layer, I should still be able to extract some gold?

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for checking to see if still available, and shipping concerns lol I may have to fly up and rent a Ryder truck to bring it back. And yes mercury will come into play towards the end of processing. May be wrong, but if I tumble black sand in cement mixer and use mercury on bottom layer, I should still be able to extract some gold?

Also thinking about building a larger scale blue bowl out of a kiddie pool. Anything to quickly separate larger amounts of material

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

Putting mercury in a cement mixer with bs will create a nightmare of tiny balls of mercury that you wont be able to recover. Learn froth floatation.

froth floatation | eBay

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, the only weight estimate I saw on this thread was 90-120 lbs of a 5 gallon bucket. Using the high estimate of 120 lbs means about 24 lbs. per gallon. That means a 55 gallon drum would weigh about 1,360 lbs. after you add the weight of the drum. A 3/4 ton pickup should be able to haul that easily.

Or put it on a trailer rated for that weight and pull it behind a smaller pickup. I have a 1/2 ton Ford that has a bumper rated for pulling 3500 lbs.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread