Ideas on fluid bed highbanker

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idea's on fluid bed highbanker

currently I own a bazooka gold trap and looking to make it into a high banker just would like to know how big of a pump should I run? looking ot trying to keep the fine gold as well, now I know this might be nuts but when you put your sluice in the stream is there a way to gauge the water going through in your sluice, gpm or gph? to maybe give an idea on proper water flow or am I getting to waterlogged here?

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ran one as a dredge 2 years ago. You need only 5 or so psi to the trap. Other then that you need enough flow to clear rocks. You would need a adjustable pressure regulator for the trap. I used a ball valve and barely cracked it open but that way is very inconsistent. To much and you blow gold. I think I seen a thread on here that BGT company was selling kits to convert to HB or dredge, I don't remember really.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah they suppose to be coming out pretty soon but dam Christmas will be here first by the time everything done

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Brandon, Are you looking to add a upper box with spraybars etc.. or are you just trying to feed water to both the upper sluice and fluid bed tubes and shovel into the upper portion of the sluice?
If your not adding a spraybar box the simplest solution is to add a water header box to the front of the sluice which feeds water to both upper and lower sections and add a adjustable up-down gate to control water flow to the upper portion where you shovel into. You can adjust head pressure which runs the fluid bed by raising water height in the header box from your pump along with adjusting angle in the sluice to tune for best operation. This is just creating a mock stream condition. Hope this helps.

Some good legs or strong stand are important because there is more weight from the volume of water than feeding the tubes separately.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread