Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Going out for dinner to celebrate 1 week... I feel great, cravings are diminishing.... Its weird to jump in the truck 50 times a day and not have a fix... Drinking lots of water instead, gotta stay properly hydrated, ya know:laughing7:

Sunflower seeds help

sponge using smoke signals.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try those E-cigs,lots of my friends quit after trying these.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BWD (Dave #2).... Congrats guy!!!!! :occasion14: Stay strong and keep us posted as Dave #1 did. Don't know how long the physical addiction lasts but the real battle might be mental.

I watched that stupid movie "Austin Powers" partly last night and thought of you when "No. 2" showed up. :tongue3::tongue3: Sorry.... :dontknow:

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAPPY BIRTHDAY texasred777!
:occasion14:
Not only is it the day after your B-day, but it also is my 2 month anniversary of quitting smoking! :headbang:
How are things going BigwaveDave?
How about you Goldmaven? I haven't forgot about you.
I hope you all are doing fine!
Thanks again for all the support T-net. It has helped me get to this 2 month milestone.
Blessing to you all.

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great goin', Muddy. Just think, Christmas Eve. That's six months! When you've made it this far, 2 months, the only thing that will cause to 'backslide' is just your thoughts, not the 'craving', cause it just isn't going to be that bad anymore. Well, let me say that it wasn't for me.

When my dad quit in 1952, I remember him actually getting up in the middle of the night and walking the floor, wanting a smoke. This was during the first 3 weeks. He had a really tough time quitting. I remember him sitting on the side of the bed at night and smoking 2 to 3 cigs before going back to sleep. If someone that is that 'addicted' can quit for the rest of his life, we can all do it.

Remember that Bigwavedave and Goldmaven! Here's hoping you guys do as well as Muddy has! I'm rootin' for ya!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job Muddy... and the rest of you PLEASE use this thread as support ... and if you "fail" at some point ... post it, and let's start over again!!!! I wish you all the best of luck and I'll be your best supporter along the way.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys.. still hanging in there, losing track of the #of days, Aug 15th....so that's 11 days? nice... and the E-cigs? had that going as well, I started vaping last Oct, when a road trip in wifey's new car came about. I only vaped in front of my bride, she knew I smoked at work and beeping, etc...now, all the boobajuice, coils, batteries, all of it, gone. The only thing I want in my lungs is fresh air...(and albuterol):BangHead:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Thanks guys.. still hanging in there, losing track of the #of days, Aug 15th....so that's 11 days? nice... and the E-cigs? had that going as well, I started vaping last Oct, when a road trip in wifey's new car came about. I only vaped in front of my bride, she knew I smoked at work and beeping, etc...now, all the boobajuice, coils, batteries, all of it, gone. The only thing I want in my lungs is fresh air...(and albuterol):BangHead:

Ill be there soon. Im at 3% nicotine. Congrats all you guys.

sponge using smoke signals.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Best wishes BWD..... from the bottom of my heart.... STAY STRONG BUDDY. Try and stay away from the "crutches".... :occasion14:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like it's going great for quite a few now! Sure glad it's going so well. Proud of all of you and wish the best for you.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BWD... How we do'in buddy.... Stay hanging strong, struggling or both?

Muddy... I think I know.... but humor me please... Still hangin' tough?

And anybody else whose quitting I wish ya all the best.... Brad

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To catch up..4 weeks today!!! Not once have I cheated, and I am feeling a lot better. Sooo, I have been playing visit the Dr., and thanks to my career got a pretty decent benefit package... This COPD thing can be very expensive. Got to Publix pharmacy yesterday, dude says $84 for my copay on meds...umm, yea, how much were they?.. Don't have the specific #'s, but United Health picked up over $700!!!, that is for a month of treatment. Happy to pay $84, thankyou sir. 3 refills prescribed, and more appointments to follow. Oh yea, the meds? Spiriva, 1xday, Symbicort, 2xday, and my rescue inhaler. A laundry list of potential side effects, looking forward to that...:BangHead:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job Dave.... I'm personally proud of ya guy... great job and keep up the positive attitude also. Thanks for posting... I thought maybe you stepped back and didn't want to post. I wish ya best buddy going forward.... Brad

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nah... was out of town, then a busy week, forgot about the thread actually

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations, Dave! That's great. We're all pulling for all of you guys. Yes, those meds are expensive. I believe the Advair that I'm on is about $300+ per month, the little 'rescue' inhaler is over a $100, then there's the rental for the oxygen concentrator that I use at night, and the nebulizer for some meds that I inhale 1 to 4 times daily costs about $80+ to buy, and then the meds for it are about a $100 a month. At one time I was on some meds for the nebulizer that cost over $2300 a month! I told them they could just keep 'em after I got the first bill. When I first started those meds, I was told the Medicare would 'pay the bill'. Then I got a bill for about $460 for the first month, by then I had already received 2 more months worth of the stuff. Took over 5 months to get that paid off! I hope everybody reads this about the cost of meds for COPD. I really don't it'll make a difference, but if only one person 'gets the message' it will be worth it.

Ok, Muddy, where are you? Need an update! -----------please.

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats BigWaveDave! Sounds like your done for good. :thumbsup:
Too bad about the expensive meds but that's big pharma for ya.
I'm still good and going on two months and a couple of weeks.
The only time I crave is before bed but that's simply because I faithfully had a bedtime smoke without fail for 25 years.
It's still ingrained in my head and when the thoughts pass, so does the craving.
Metal detecting is going fine and thanks to a chatty machine, my brain has enough to focus on.
When the signals get sparse and a bit of boredom sets in, I may get the odd thought towards smoking but that passes quickly.
It's now academic. The notion of smoking again is absurd and illogical.
The smell of smoke doesn't bother me but when someone comes inside from having a smoke, I think to myself..."Buddy, you smell like sh*t!"
Just think, I used to smell like that! Yuck! :tard:
Best wishes to all of you who have quit or are trying to quit.
Thank you everyone for your support.
Cheers,
Dave.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great going, Muddy! Yes, you're past the bad stuff. Congratulations to everyone of you! It's great!
When someone comes inside from smoking, yes, they 'stink'. My grandson visited my son and I when we lived by ourselves. His mom and dad both smoke heavily. When he came in the front door, I could smell it on him before he got more than 3 or 4 feet into the room. Yep, that's the way I smelled also, for 40 years! Well, Monday the 29th, I will have 14 years behind me! If I live until the 15 anniversary, I'll be 73; I'm gonna do something special for myself; ah hmm, if at the age of 73, I'm still able. Ok, I'll do whatever I'm capable of doing at the age of 73 + 35 days! lol My birthday is August 25th, so 35 more days until September 29th.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread