neat new dino discovered!!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I really hate to be the one to say it but I can't wait to hear what the NAACP has to say about the name thay gave this dinosaur. I don't think they thought it through very well at all.

CoppaMan

Sep 30, 2007
Derby "VermenT"
savant365 said:
I really hate to be the one to say it but I can't wait to hear what the NAACP has to say about the name thay gave this dinosaur. I don't think they thought it through very well at all.
I was just pointing that out to my wife.....Unreal!

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
Oh my! That's just wrong. I don't care where that dino was found - they could have picked a better name. Heck, Hooversaurus would have been better........

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
"Discoverer Paul Sereno named the elephant-sized animal Nigersaurus taqueti, an acknowledgment of the African country Niger and a French paleontologist, Philippe Taquet."

I thought it was supposed to be Nigeria?

Still...maybe suckasorous rex would have been a better choice,that wasn't the best name to use.

FlaHunter

May 8, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites qxt,Ace 250
Guys I don't think you are pronouncing it right ;D it is Niger( N eye ger) I think most of you know this though and are pulling chains ::)

Yet liberals being what they are they might still make an issue about it.

FlaHunter

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
FlaHunter said:
Guys I don't think you are pronouncing it right ;D it is Niger( N eye ger) I think most of you know this though and are pulling chains ::)

Yet liberals being what they are they might still make an issue about it.

FlaHunter

I understand that it should be pronounced different then it looks but that won't matter. It just looks wrong and unfortunately that's all it will take to make an issue of it. That may have been the intention all along too, giving it some controversy to draw more attention to his find.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
I don't care what anyone thinks about its name. I wish I had one here and now. My yard is full of leaves!!!!!
Happy Hunting All

Desertfox

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe the derogatory name is spelled with gg..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions