digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw one once while trout fishing my favorite creek, nearly soiled myself. Cat was about 40 yards down stream crossing the creek. I was like an owl walking 1 mile back to my truck, my neck was sore . The cat never seen or smelled me thank goodness.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:walk: Did someone say Cougars? :hello:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One morning I woke up next to my still smoking campfire near Cow Creek, in the Bradshaw Mountains of Central Arizona. As I lay there in my sleeping bag wondering if I could hold my bladder much longer in the warm as toast sleeping bag, my waking eye caught a silhouette in the rocks about 30-meters away that made me stop breathing.

What REALLY scared me was the cougar was gone, just vanished, before I could get my hand and pistol out of my sleeping bag. Beautiful animals, but scary as heck when you are by yourself 25-miles from anything. :skullflag:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah, but a man like me is never alone

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
We've got everything here except whales.

Terry, my understanding is if, while in your sleeping bag, a rattler curls up on your chest the advice I've gotten is to go back to sleep. Seems the rattler was just looking for a warm place. When the sun comes up it will slither off.
I'll leave it to you to test this theory.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot here in the hills east of where I live and a lot of the hillbillies there use the 3 S's rule. See them, shoot them, Shovel them. (Bury)

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice story Smokey. That would be one cool cat. I used to see a Cougar in my driveway every morning when I'd get up. It was a 68' Mercury Cougar, my first car.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CW0909, just wait till the cougars get their E-Z passes and cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge. They're coming.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CW0909, just wait till the cougars get their E-Z passes and cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge. They're coming.

Smokey... What state did you see the cougar in??? Last year a mountain lion was killed by a car on I-84 in Connecticut. They did some tests and determined he was from Wyoming! They have a few panthers running around FL.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maryland near the Pennsylvania state line, about 80 miles from Philly, and 75 miles from Washington DC.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A cougar will most always attack from behind.. you want know it until it's hanging off the back of your neck.. curious cougars are never good.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, Harford County. Farther east. First sighting here was in 2000. Nobody believed the lady back then. Everybody's a believer now.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. going to sound strange but you can buy animal urine and pour some around your property to chase it and the bobcat off if you want.If you use dog urine it is another predator and they wouldn't be on your property.You can find different urine online.They have all types for different applications, attractants or deterrents.(coyote/bear/wolf/all the way down to mice)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread