I slipped and ... 3 jars found their way home today.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The first one only had some plated earrings, but they are cameos, and I think I will get my money back on those alone. (Some misc silver, but nothing really worth while.)

Now, the next GW had 2 jars. I opened one in the store because the cashier like an ugly snowman pin and why bring it home to have to get rid of it.

So I pull out a sterling charm bracelet, and two rings that look like 14K gold. (they all go in the ziplock baggie in my pocket book.) I give her the snowman and she is floating.

Come home, and I keep pulling gold out. 1 10K necklace with a heart pendant and what looks like pink topaz, 2.17 grams.

The rest of the gold (3 rings and 2 earrings) weigh 11 grams! It's all sellable.

Never mind the silver I pulled out. One of the rings is ruby and diamonds. I want to keep it but it doesn't fit. :-(

I'll post pictures later after dinner.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Nice buy. Thanks for sharing...

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

I got one bag (about the size of a jar) the other day. I NEVER see them in any of the 5 I normally go to. I guess GW New England doesn't like to do that, or they sell too quick.

Anyway, the bag only had a few grams of silver, no gold. Lots of signed fashion/costume. Some really nice looking ones. I looked up some and I should easily triple my money, if not more.

Went back and grabbed another the next day as I had a shirt to return... 2nd bag was all junk. No signed pieces, no gold, and a single silver earring. I might be able to sell the nicer necklaces and bracelets to cover the most of the cost and throw the misc earrings into a junk earring lot.

I was told they do not go through them... but it sure seemed like they did.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
UGH. That sucks. I do think they go through it. Once I got a jar with only vintage items. Another time I got one that had nautical stuff. Another time it was full of silver (I got a yurman in that jar). They told me that they have a huge box of jewelry and they have to sort through it to put it into the jars. Maybe out of state they do it different? I don't know; I just love my local good wills.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread