Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least it wasn't in a Bar,, lol
Monday and Tuesday, the Temperatures were 80 degrees. The water Temps are 79 degrees and the low tide this week is perfect. It gains an hour each day, so all week it was good.
On Monday I scooped out 64 coins with 2 rings, One of those ring is a 925 Silver with a nice blue stone. It was really deep and came out Black. Took a bit of cleaning before I found the 925 stamp.
IMG_4823.JPG IMG_4824.JPG IMG_4826.JPG

Tuesday's hunt gave me 81 additional coins. A junk ring, 3 hoop earrings and a key.
IMG_4822.JPG

Wednesday and Thursday the temps climbed to 85. Glad I was in the water.
Wednesday I scooped out 81 coins, a fake pearl bracelet, a "Best Half Medallion", and a pair of Sunglasses.
IMG_4821.JPG
Thursday added 75 more coins, including a 1956d wheat penny, a brass chain that looked gold when I saw it in the scoop, 3 junk earrings, and a pair of Armani Exchange sunglasses. I also recovered a small Ying Yang medallion, which is always a good sign.
IMG_4819.JPG IMG_4820.JPG

Friday brought the lowest tide of the year so far. This would allow me to get a little further out. I got to what I call "The Ledge" It is actually a slippery mucky bottom and in my opinion, should be where the older stuff lays. The Temperature on Friday went up to 90 degrees. Again I was glad I was in the water.
This hunt added 44 coins to the scoop, along with a 3 ounce sinker, a toe ring, and a pair of Prescription Eyeglasses, (complete with barnacles).
One find that stumped me at first is a half of a Pendant. It says "ST over SINS",, The other half of that heart shaped pendant should say, BE over COU. Put them together and you get 'BEST COUSINS"
IMG_4818.JPG IMG_4817.JPG IMG_4816.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 20

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ATW THATS SOME FINE RINGS AND COINAGE .

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love that silver ring with the blue stone, congrats! No better place to spend summer's end than in the water keeping cool, and it looks like you had a blast.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work buddy, I love that water hunting and that blue stone ring is pretty!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've been one busy beaver in that water! LOL

I really like that ring with the Blue stone looks awesome, and old. Congrats on the great finds! Congrats and HH

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet haul, ATW! That sterling ring is a looker. I find so many of those "half hearted" pendants at schools, usually half of a "Best Friends" set. That is the first "Best Cousins" set I have seen! Congrats. Sub 8-)

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATW...I think the other half of the pendant says "MO over RAI"....for MOST RAISINS...maybe the owner was addicted to dried grapes...lol...but on a serious note, looks like you had a great time! Love the rings, especially the one with the blue stone...ddf

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, you got it right, Best Cousins, dropped by visitors from Kentucky!:laughing7: However, it could be "First Cousins".

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that was a busy week, congratulations on all your finds. I am in agreement, first cousins.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Impressive totals, against the wind. Wish I had low tides and similar sands to hunt. Looks like you are doing the best with what you've got. Re: the blue ring...aquamarine?

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunts!! That's a lot of targets and that silver ring is Sweet!!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds! I like how you have the rings on a paper clip. I never know how to show them off besides in my chubby little fingers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread