deagleye

Feb 26, 2008
South Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
I have seen where 3 cannonballs came out of the blockade runner that is now exposed. You might want to try there if you have some detectors that will go deep. Just a thought if you come up empty at your spot.

MichaelB

Shanghai

Greenie
Aug 16, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Lotsa fun yesterday, but not much in the way of goodies. Great meeting everyone! Anyone game for a hunt next weekend or the one after?

OP
OP
TreasureRats

TreasureRats

Greenie
Jan 17, 2009
Bon Secour
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Yeah, didnt find anything worth sharing, We will try again down ft morgan soon. Still trying to get permission to hunt BOTH the pvt lots before ft morgan state park. Should have some definate answers by Friday. I will post a new thread if it comes through. It was great to meet the other guys and gals. We would also like to find a good ghost town to hunt. This summer, I have a boat, we want to go to Sand Island, close to Dauphin Island and the lighthouse point. Anyone know if there is a problem with hunting those areas? Hope to hunt with ya'll again soon.
TreasureRats

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
No problem with Sand Island and you don't need a boat to get to it. The island goes all the way to Dauphin Island where the pier is. Keep in mind Sand Island has changed dramaticaly and many times since 1865. The lighthose had several houses around it and the island was solid. Now the lighthouse stands alone with 90 feet of water all around it and LOTS of bull sharks. As long as you don't mess with the oats in the dunes you are OK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions