I Suggest Group Hunt Sunday Feburary 1st

TreasureRats

Greenie
Jan 17, 2009
Bon Secour
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Hi.
I would like to try again. Lets try to get together this comming Sunday. I really do not care where. Some of you have had some luck around Spanish Fort, that would be great. I saw someone with some good pics of CW finds at the fort, I wont mention and names (MichaelB), any info of location would be GREAT! Cullman is just a little to far for me here in Baldwin Co. or I would be at the community center. Has anyone hunted those here in Baldwin?
Lets get together!!!!! I saw a thread about a group hunt and there were lots of intrest. Lets do it this Sunday FEB 1st, weather permitting. We could meet at the Fort or at a gas station. Post if you are intrested.
Hopefully this is plenty of notice! Happy Hunting
TreasureRats

S

seger98

Hey there, I seen your post last week but I was to late in seening it :-\ Anyway, I'd be interested in meeting up with you, The wife & I are staying at Hill Top RV park for the winter over by Loxley, I can meet you where ever you want, I don't know the area so where ever you want to go would be find, even if you want to go back down by Fort Margan.

Chris

OP
OP
TreasureRats

TreasureRats

Greenie
Jan 17, 2009
Bon Secour
Detector(s) used
Hey segar, sounds great, looking forward to it. Have you ever been to spanish fort? looking for suggestions there too. if no other takers or suggestions we will definately hit ft morgan. did you hear about the ship the last hurricane uncovered? maybe close to there too.

Shanghai

Greenie
Aug 16, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I caught it late too. I'd love to go Sunday, but there's that darn football game. I may try to hit Ft. Morgan Saturday though. Never been there...

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, SuperBowl is Sunday but about 5pm. Fort Mogran is a Federal Park. A MD is not even allowed to be in your trunk! Well it can be, but its against the Law to operate it in a Fed Park. But no need to feel that we are missing out completely, the area is not Virgin, back 20 years ago I saw people MD'ing all over that area. The area of Navy Cove is private property but many go there. I don't know anyone that would allow MD'ing in Spanish Fort, may be some, just that I don't know anyone.

S

seger98

Like I said I'm not from the area so I will leave it up to you guys on where to meet & go.

OP
OP
TreasureRats

TreasureRats

Greenie
Jan 17, 2009
Bon Secour
Detector(s) used
Saturday sounds better. Duh, that silly little football game. We should try as close to Ft morgan a possible. That last hurricane may have uncovered some luck. We go down ft morgan rd as far as we can then take a left on Buchanan Dr. (I'm pretty sure), park at the end, and head to the beach. I will be there about 12:30 if there is no rain. Looking forward to it. Any other comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Shanghai

Greenie
Aug 16, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Sounds good! We'll be there at 12:30 also. Looking forward to meeting you guys and hunting!

S

seger98

Two things, will we have permission to hunt the area & second, what's everybodies vehicle look like?

Shanghai

Greenie
Aug 16, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Don't think we'll need permission to hunt the Gulf side, but TreasureRats or someone else may know better. My wife and I will be in a gray '08 Ford Ranger. We're gonna try to make it at 12:00-12:30, but may be an hour late... obligations...

S

seger98

Great the wife & I will be in a ford tan cargo van. Still need like a address or something more definite place to meet.

Shanghai

Greenie
Aug 16, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Google Earth shows a road listed as 'Ft. Morgan State Park'. Last road to the left before you get on park property. If we park, or just meet there we should be able to hunt the beach back to the east...

OP
OP
TreasureRats

TreasureRats

Greenie
Jan 17, 2009
Bon Secour
Detector(s) used
Hey guys, we have been there twice and had absolutely no problems. We dont go all the way to the state park line. We park several blocks east on Buchanan Dr. The road dead ends right on the beach, we just park at the end on the side of road. then go west on the beach as far as we can until we get to the sign. we dont need permission to hunt the beach. The wife and I are in a green Mercury Grand Marquis. Hope to see u there.

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
The last road before the park will get you a big fine if you have a detector. This area is watched very closely because of the shipwreck inland and the park. Just trying to help.....

MichaelB

S

seger98

On google earth I see a Buchanan west & a east, I'll meet everyone at the intersection of Buchanan West & Dixie Graves Parkway around 12 - 12:30

Chris & kathy

OP
OP
TreasureRats

TreasureRats

Greenie
Jan 17, 2009
Bon Secour
Detector(s) used
Hey yall, i am still pumped about the group hunt. I am trying to get permission to search that last private lot right before the state park line. I got the guys name and phone number, talked to his wife, she was sweet as pie (gotta love the south) and gave me his cell number. Hoping for a call back soon, she said there was nothing on the lot and it use to be use to gain access to Ft Satsuma, that small bunker as you fist enter the park. She also said no one has ever asked before and their family have owned it for decades. Also i have a call in to the lot owners directly across the hwy. for permission to go thru there to get to the beach, had to leave message. Heres hoping i will see u there about 12 30-1 00 in the same spot. call me. 251 550 6514 cell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread