I sure am glad I sold last month at $33.10...

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
I sure hope it drops below $20 an oz. I'll be buying all I can. I am in it for the long haul. At least another 25 years before I sell. By then i should have a very healthy nest egg. Hopefully it'll take off to new highs by then. I'm sure it will.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I sure hope it goes to atleast 15. I'll be buying like crazy. If I had to I'd even buy at 16 an ounce if it was at 14 or 15.

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Precious metals and oil seem to decrease a bit just before major elections, in my recollection anyways. If I had the cash I would be grabbing some silver in the upcoming weeks. I do believe it will go lower and lower the closer we get to November, but once one candidate appears to be a winner it will jump. But which way will it jump? Well I think that depends on who may win. I do not want to get political here, just pointing out the link between elections and metal prices.

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I can remember fondly the "good ole days" just a few years ago when I was buying at $6-$8 an ounce. No one was buying. Everybody was interested in gold. I probably put away 1,500-2,000 ounces. I stopped buying at $20 an ounce. If it goes below $20, I'm buying bulk again. Like rfishoutofwater, I'm in for the long haul.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i support $20 an ounce, I want to eventually trade in my silver for gold, but they all fall at a relatively same rate, sure I could sell now and hope that the silver and gold market takes a plunge, but I don't want to take that risk, you never know when the market will boom again soon!

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver is up with a move to precious metals hegging against the stock market. Now that the markets are stabilized, people are moving out of positions of the shiny stuff. With the elections coming up, it is obvious the markets would be up and the oil would be down so the right candidate would be reelected. I expect silver to hit $25 real soon. Silver has always been the more volatile metal between silver and gold.

I actually sold 32.88 ounces of my CRH finds today! All my 90% kens, 40% kens, and roosies. I wanted to get out & receive as close to my goal of $1000 as possible. This replaces the $1k borrowing from savings I did to have a bank roll for CRH. I got $882, or 96% melt at 10:30am. Spot went down $0.30/oz more after that.

In about a week I will get the check and be CRH-ing on profits!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 20 silver dollars to day $25 each am happy with that. I will buy more if it keeps droping.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just at the coin shop to fill out my roll of WLs. There was a line 6 people deep buying junk silver, the guy in front of me bought 1K face in silver dimes. I dont expect the dip to last long, but who knows.

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uncertainty with Greece & The EU should keep things fluctuating for a while. The deflated dollar as well as China and India's demand should keep PM high for the forseeable future. Unless of course the economy just takes off. That's not likely to happen though unless we discover cold fusion or some other amazing technology. Holographic girlfriends don't count.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Euro is getting weaker which means the dollar appears to be stronger. The fundamentals for moving away from fiat currencies are still there, the fundamentals for owning silver are still there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread