I think i got it right this time

T

TREETOPPER

OK, here we go again,
You all have your opinions on what is the best Md out there for a particular purpose. This is why i need your help.
Just when i think i got the perfect system picked out i hear something bad about it and off i go scanning thru the internet for hours again.
So again, i think i have found the right one," or so i think".
To insure i dont change my mind this time i invested some time on this one. So i printed up the 40 page manual and read it thru not once but twice today. i think i've got this thing figured out remind you this is my first Md ever.
I really think this is the one. It's mainly used for coins down deep and can do it in a trashy area. It can also be used for the beach on wet sand with occasional nugget shooting so they say. It's the CZ-3d.For 800$
If you think you got this one beat ,let's hear it. I'm beginning to think this could go on for a long time.

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I'm not sure you will ever find a machine that everyone agrees on... someone will always think another brand or model will outperform whatever you choose! So just do your best for what you wanna do with it, and go with it. I haven't heard much at all about the CZ 3D, but I do own a CZ-5 and I like it a lot. I'd buy Fisher again, for sure. Although I heard they recently got bought out by Bounty Hunter or someone? Well, as long as the same people are making them, and they stick to the same policies....

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try out a Minelab Explorer if you are looking for deep, old coins...

OP
OP
T

TREETOPPER

Yea I've heard about the xp2 it's little out of my price range.
But is the system really worth the extra 300+.

OP
OP
T

TREETOPPER

Just a few things i have heard about the EXP2 that really turned me off.
Masking of targets close to iron,slow recovery, heavy and very unbalanced, difficult to learn 108 pg manual speaks for it self,over priced,and made of plastic. oh yes always in for repair.
This is only what i have researched in the last week.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need to consider what the most important features are for you. Then buy it and use it a lot. Get proficient with it. I think you pretty much get what you pay for. Buy what you can afford. You don't necessarily need a top of the line machine to do well. You do need to practice though.

Good luck.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Tree, if you're just starting out, may I suggest the Ace 250? A lot of folks on here have started with one, and I haven't heard near the complaints about them as other detectors. A good starting unit, for little money. Get a year or so under your belt with this one, then you'll have the experience to back up your decision before you splurge.... nothing more wasteful than a detector that sits in the closet, which is where they wind up if you're not comfortable with the one you choose. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread